Acne is a condition in the skin that will increase your dead cells and oil up your skin. It also causes pimples, especially on the face. Acne appears not only on face but also on the neck, back, chest and even shoulders. It usually occurs in teenagers and might leave them scarred and even distressed. It can also be the side effect of certain medications.
Listed below are the top 6 home remedies for Acne
1. Milk, Honey and Yogurt – This trio combination is good not only for treating Acne but also for skin whitening and improved skin tone. It soothes the irritated skin, reduces the redness and tones down the skin. For the mixture, you will have to mix one tablespoon of milk or yogurt with one tablespoon of honey. Then apply this mixture on the face or the affected skin area using cotton balls. Let the mixture set for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off using lukewarm water. Take a cloth and scrub the area in a circular motion. This helps to loosen down the dead skin. Apply moisturizer after this.
2. Apple cider vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedy because of its bacteria killing, astringent and alkaline property. It helps to balance the pH level of your skin and dries up the excess oil on the face. Mix a part of apple cider vinegar to three parts of water and stir it well. Wash you face with warm water and pat it dry and then apply this mixture onto the blemish. Use cotton balls to apply and do not apply directly with fingers. Apply this mixture several times a day and then wash off the solution well. Use a moisture after the removal of application and your skin is kept dry.
3. Baking Soda – Baking soda also known as Sodium Bicarbonate helps in exfoliating the skin, opening the pores and removing the dead skin. It has the properties of anti-inflammatory and antiseptic and it helps in regulating the pH balance of the skin. You have to make a paste by mixing one or two teaspoon of baking soda with water. Then apply this mixture on the Acne and massage in slow circular motion for about two minutes.
Let the paste stay your face for 2 to 3 minutes and then wash it off. Moisturize your face after this practice to getting a better skin and faster cure. Apply this mixture once or twice a week and you will see your pimples reducing. You can also make a scrub out of the baking soda by mixing half cup of baking soda with 1/8th cup of water. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for 5 to 6 minutes. Then wash your face with warm water and pat it dry. Here too, apply a moisturizer.
4. Oatmeal – Oatmeal has the property to cleanse your skin pores and absorb the excessive oil present on the face. It is good for exfoliating the skin too. For making the oatmeal paste, you will need some amount of oatmeal, a cup of water, lemon juice and two tablespoons of raw honey. Mix honey with lemon juice and then add it to a cup of cooked oatmeal. Apply this moisture on the face and rub it and leave it on for 30 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this procedure either once or twice a week for better results.
5. Avocado and honey – Applying a mask made out of honey and avocado is also very effective for curing the problems of Acne and pimples. Make a mixture of one avocado and one tablespoon of honey and stir it well till it forms a paste. Wash your face first well and dry it. Then apply this mixture onto your face and allow it to set onto your face for around 15 to 20 minutes. Once the mixture has dried up on your face wash it with lukewarm water and pat your face dry. Apply a moisturizer too to enhance the effect. Avocado has a number of vitamins and nutrients present in it and it is a great remedy for Acne. This is suitable for different skin types, including sensitive skin types. Honey is the best option to mix with avaocado to get better results.
6. Sugar – Making a scrub out of sugar is also good for treating Acne. Both white sugar and brown sugar helps in killing the excess skin cells on your pores and also helps in exfoliating the skin. For making the sugar scrub you will need white sugar of one and half cups, brown sugar of one and half cups, sea salt of two to three tablespoon, virgin olive oil of half cup, pure vanilla extract of 10 tablespoons and a whole vanilla bean. One by one mix all these ingredients and store the mixture in jars. Take it out after some time and apply it on your face as needed. Whenever you want to apply this mixture, take it out from the jar and apply it. The jar should be kept closed.
Things you must not do when you are suffering from Acne
- Do not touch your pimple or squeeze them as it will lead to a worse stage of Acne. You will also get infections from the affected area. Breaking or squeezing out your pimples will also leave scars or pimple marks on that area.
- Everyday wash your face. You can gently wash your face twice a day. Do not wash it more than two times are the oil content will be gone. A certain amount of oil content is said to be maintained on your face. See to it that you wash your face very gently.
- Do not use overrated creams and soaps to wash your face or to apply on your face. Soap is not good for face. Washing your face with Gram Flour is a traditional method that has proven to be very useful and makes your skin soft.
- Use a moisturizer to keep your skin soft and from being drying out.
Originally posted 2013-01-12 00:46:42.