Professional Formulas AlkaCalm Effervescent Magnesium/Potassium Powder
Magnesium and potassium are some significant minerals for the body that the lack of them could cause serious discomforts, diseases, and problems. The AlkaCalm powder provides these minerals. Though there are many supplements that can provide them but not all of them can be absorbed by the body or utilize it properly. The whole idea is to supply the body with some useful form of these minerals if they want to remedy the deficiency and cure the problem at hand.
The Alka Calm powder contains this useful and bioavailable form of magnesium and potassium so that the body can absorb them faster and make quick changes to remedy the problems.
Magnesium and potassium deficiency
Magnesium is needed for the muscles, tissues etc. The deficiency of this nutrient can show as muscle cramps, sleep disorders, behavioral problems, metabolic changes, irregular heartbeat etc. The use of this nutrient is wider that the signs and symptoms are so many.
Potassium is part of the body electrolyte and crucial for heart health. It is also part of the bones, muscles, and digestion as well. The deficiency of this nutrient is seen as weakness, heart problems, etc. The potassium deficiency could arise with excess sweating or due to other reasons. The deficiency causes higher blood pressure, fatigue, or could even cause dizziness.
The Alka Calm powder provides these nutrients in its most useful forms, along with some other beneficial vitamins and some amount of fiber.
Professional Formulas Alka Calm Powder ingredients
- Magnesium is added as malate, citrate, ascorbate or lactate that is reacted from the magnesium carbonate and citric or ascorbic acids. This magnesium is used by the body to strengthen its cells, bones, and muscles. This is required for the nerves and muscle contraction and also plays a major role in the immunity. It is required for the normal cell functioning and metabolic activities. By adding magnesium in the diet you are strengthening the heart muscles.
- Potassium is also present in the same form reacted from potassium bicarbonate and the citric or ascorbic acids. It regulates the blood pressure and normalizes the electrolyte transportation. Potassium, along with magnesium balances the nervous system.
- Vitamin C is added as the antioxidant to eliminate the free radicals. This vitamin helps the body maintains its defense mechanism.
- Riboflavin is added as a co-factor in the dehydrogenase activity in the metabolism. Adding this can reduce the chances of a headache due to the potassium introduction.
- Fiber is added for the benefit of the digestive system. It cleans the digestive tract and also cures constipation that might have caused by the potassium deficiency.
- It also has the lemon flavors and stevia for the sweetness to the powder.
Alka Clam powder dosage
The AlkaCalm powder is to be mixed with water. Mix in 1 level teaspoon of the powder in a glass of warm water and let it dissolve. When the mix is cooled, drink it.
The best time to take it is 1-2 hours before bedtime. This allows the mix to settle in the system and get to the action. By the time you are ready to sleep, it would be full-on action, and you can have peaceful sleep without any leg cramps or other disturbances.
It comes in a container that carries 8 oz of powder that lasts for approximately 56 servings. Each serving would be 4 gms.
AlkaCalm powder reviews
The customer reviews of Alka Calm shows that the product has helped many in curbing their deficiency symptoms. People have used it for the headache, constipation, muscle pain etc. Of course, it came with the doctor’s recommendation.
There is hardly any problem associated with the Alka Calm. There are no significant side effects of using the powder.
On a safer side, start the powder at the lower dose and increase it gradually to avoid any diarrhea or constipation that might be showing because of the fiber content. The body needs to be introduced to fiber gradually and not all of a sudden.
Drinking plenty of water is also called for. Anything with fiber in it needs to have plenty of water to work with.
Start the AlkaCalm after the advice of the doctor and checking with the tests to ensure that you have the magnesium and potassium deficiency. Many of the day to day discomforts could be some kind of nutrient deficiency. So have your check up at the earliest.