Tired of swallowing hard, chalky calcium tablets? Yes, then try flavored Chewable Calcium Citrate tablets today. Chewable Calcium Citrate Tablets from Bariatric Advantage provides you with 500mg of highly bio-available calcium citrate plus other essential vitamins. Keep reading to know about the product review, features, ingredients and more.
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate
The chewable calcium tablet conveniently meets numerous needs of the Bariatric patient. The added flavors help the patient address ketosis breath and general breath odor. It provides the most bio-available form of calcium and other nutrients that may support bone health. The delicious flavors are very low in carbohydrates and provide the tablets with the most bio-available form of Calcium and other minerals to promote bone health.
These tablets now come with increased vitamin D3 and improved taste. A tablet delivers 500 mg of calcium citrate along with 500 IU of vitamin D3 and vitamin K in a delicious chewable formulation. Chewable tablets are gentle on your digestive system and support maximum calcium absorption. These tablets are now available with smoother taste in three improved flavors: wild cherry, chocolate, and cinnamon.
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate – Features
- It contains 100% calcium citrate
- Each tablet has 500 mg of elemental calcium from calcium citrate
- It also contains vitamin D (500 IU), vitamin K and magnesium for the support of bone health
- Chewable can either be chewed or allow to dissolve in the mouth.
- No need to swallow large or multiple pills to get calcium you needed
- Pleasant alternative to support calcium intake and bone health in sensitive people
- Design in accordance with the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery recommended guidelines
- Available in three flavors – Cinnamon, Wild Cherry and Chocolate
- Chocolate flavored Chewable Calcium Citrate contains milk, soy, and hazelnuts.
- Available in Two Sizes – 90 counts and 270 count
- Prices start from $25
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate – Ingredients
Nutrients that make up The Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate tablet are –
- Calcium Citrate – This form is the frequently shown as the most bio-available form of calcium. It does not require an acidic environment for absorption, thus, it is an excellent option after weight loss surgery. Moreover, this form of calcium may protect against kidney stones, so it is safe for use by at-risk patients.
- Magnesium Chelate – Magnesium is essential for bone health and supports calcium absorption. The amino acid chelate is easily digestible and is not prone to be irritating. It is also an important nutrient for cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin D3 – This natural form of vitamin D gets readily convert to the active form required for bone health. This nutrient supports both calcium absorption and utilization. It is especially important to DS/BPD patients who suffer from malabsorption of fat soluble vitamins.
- Vitamin K – It plays an important role in bone health. Vitamin K synthesizes osteocalcin, a major protein in bone. Low levels of Vitamin K can lead to bone loss in both men and women.
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate – Other Ingredients
- Calcium Citrate Cinnamon Flavored Chewable – Fructose, stearic acid, natural flavor and color, gum (gum Arabic, xanthan gum, guar gum), magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and sucralose.
- Wild Berry Flavored Chewable – Fructose, stearic acid (vegetable), natural and artificial flavors, citric acid, gum blend (gum Arabic, xanthan gum, guar gum), magnesium stearate(vegetable), silicon dioxide sucralose (artificial sweetener) and carmine (color).
- Calcium Citrate Chocolate Flavored Chewable – Fructose, Dutch processed cocoa powder, stearic acid (vegetable), cocoa powder, chocolate powder (cocoa mass, cocoa powder, cocoa butter, sugar, natural flavor), natural flavors, citric acid, gum blend (gum Arabic, xanthan gum, guar gum), microcrystalline cellulose, Magnesium amino acid chelate, magnesium stearate(vegetable), silicon dioxide and sucralose (artificial sweetener).
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate – Nutritional Facts
|Calcium (from Calcium Citrate)||500 mg|
|Total Carbohydrate||<1 g|
|Sugar Alcohol||0 g|
|Vitamin K||20 mcg|
|Vitamin D3||300 IU|
|Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide USP)||10 mg|
Note: Chocolate chewable tablet provides 11mg of magnesium due to the additional nutritional content of the cocoa.
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate – Directions To Use
Place the tablet in mouth and allow it to slowly dissolve. Take 1 to 3 tablets per day or as directed.
- For People who supplement their diet with iron, it is advisable to take calcium and iron supplements at least two hours apart.
- Allergen Warning – Calcium Citrate Chewable Chocolate Flavor Contains Milk, soy and tree nuts (hazelnuts).
- Made in a facility that processes peanuts, tree nuts, soy, dairy, wheat, and eggs
Bariatric Advantage Chewable Calcium Citrate – Customer Reviews
This supplement has got mixed customer feedbacks. On Amazon, it has received 3.1 out of 5 stars. Some people say it is a very good form of absorbable Calcium that tastes delicious and is worth the money whereas some people complain about its horrible taste and are quite large and very chalky. However, the chocolate flavor is bearable to taste but cinnamon and wild berry are strong and hard to use. Some people even say these tablets are expensive and the container contains a lot of broken pieces & powder. Read below few real users’ testimonials –
- Amazon Customer says it has chalky texture and taste but really taste like cinnamon. He likes it, good price and would buy again.
- D. Brooks loves them. It has great taste and easy to take.
- Sharon says these tastes better if you let them melt in the mouth rather than chewing.
- LKM ordered these chewable for the second time. He says they are definitely chalky but palatable. The chocolate flavor doesn’t really taste like chocolate and the taste is ok. Because he has poor absorption in the digestive system, chewable are a plus point.
- Guniagirl had previously tried other calcium chewable which are much easier to eat. But these are so chalky it takes several minutes to eat one.
- Mark was expecting soft chewable but these are tablets and taste terrible.
Avoid choking down those chalky, large and hard to swallow calcium tablets when you have a better option of Chewable Calcium Citrate from Bariatric Advantage. Try your favorite Chewable Calcium Citrate flavor today.