Buy your new AED from Heartsmart.com that offers you best-selling products from every AED manufacturer in the USA. Exceptional features, impeccable design, excellent customer support are few of the prominent features of Heartsmart.com.
There has been a shocking rise in the number of US people suffering from high blood pressure. Around 30% of people in England have high blood pressure of which, 90% don’t know it. High BP is a major risk factor for a stroke. Most people ignore the fact that high blood pressure results in kidney and brain damage. How high is your blood pressure? If you haven’t measured, or you don’t know what your blood pressure reading is, then have it checked at your nearest clinic. It is recommended that all adults should have their blood pressure checked at least every 5 years. To be on the safer side, it is good to check twice in a year.
Here we shall be discussing about the following
- How does beetroot juice lower blood pressure
- Daily intake of beetroot juice
- Side effects of drinking beetroot juice daily
- Health benefits of drinking beet juice
- Beetroot juice recipe
According to the new research data published in the journal – Hypertension, daily intake of beetroot juice could help to reduce blood pressure. The study involved 8 women and 7 men who had high BP level between 140-159mm Hg who weren’t taking any BP medicines and did not had any other medical complications. People with high blood pressure who drank 16ounce of beet juice experienced a decrease in the level of of blood pressure of about 10mm Hg. Drinking one cup of beetroot juice cuts your BP reading by about 7%. Beetroot is considered to be an excellent veggie that increases the level of blood in your body system. Its a perfect treatment for people suffering from anemia.
Beetroot contains nitrate which helps in widening blood vessels and thereby lowers blood pressure. Having vegetables that contain high amount of nitrate also helps in lowering blood pressure. By this, you can take care of your heart. In many cases, eating vegetables or incorporating them in your dishes is the best way to get all the required nutrients, but in case of blood pressure, it is better to drink the beetroot juice. Juicing is one of the best ways to extract the highest potency of any plant. When you make a beetroot dish, there are chances that they wont eat. For those who have liver disorders, drinking beetroot juice would be of great relief. It has also gained wide popularity for their anticancer and heart health promoting properties.
It is the betacyanin that gives the beetroot that dark red-purple color. This red pigment is also a powerful cancer fighting agent. Lets see how beetroot juice helps in lowering your blood pressure :
- Drinking atleast 16 ounce of fresh beet juice a day, reduces your BP up to 10 mm Hg.
- The results are amazing that you will find your BP lowered within just a hour.
- Beetroot juice contains 0.2g of dietary nitrate which help the blood vessel walls to widen and thereby improves blood flow.
- It is also found that drinking beet juice would cut the rate of heart attacks and strokes by about 10%, which means that about 60,000 lives can be saved each year in the United States.
In a study conducted by Dr. Ahluwalia, it was found that people with normal blood pressure need to drink twice as much beet juice than people having high blood pressure. People having high BP need to lower their blood pressure because 50% of all heart attacks and 60-70% of all strokes are the direct consequences of high blood pressure.
How much should be the daily intake?
As per the medical experts, it is recommended that you drink 1 to 2 glasses of beetroot juice daily to see that positive effect on lowering blood pressure. To enjoy the health benefits, it is best to take beet in its raw uncooked form – be it as a juice or salad.
Side effects of drinking beet juice
- The dark red pigment present in beetroot may force the color of urine and stool to change to red which doesn’t harm you at all. Beetroot being rich in oxalate, it is recommended that patients affected by kidney stones should avoid beet juice. They need to get the specific advice from their doctor before having beet juice.
- For some people, there are chances that beet juice can cause allergic side effects like fever, rashes, burning and itching sensation. If you come across such side effects, please do consult a doctor.
- Excess consumption of beet juice can cause stomach problem.
Health benefits of drinking beet juice
- Drinking beet juice daily would give you a great relief from various chronic diseases like arthritis, heart disease, cancer, kidney stones, eye problems, varicose veins and arterioscierosis.
- For those who have skin problems, drinking beetroot juice helps in eliminating skin blemishes. Beet juice promotes healthy skin and hair growth.
- As mentioned earlier, beet juice helps to beet cancer. The red pigment- betacyanin prevents the formation of cancerous tumors.
- You can detoxify your body and eliminate all unwanted toxins by drinking beet juice. It is also found that beet juice is an effective remedy for breast, prostate and testicular cancer.
- For various birth defects seen in babies, it is recommended that you give 100gms of beetroot.
- “Keep an eye out for safety. Don’t get blinded by bad habits” – what reminds me of this saying is that we hardly spend time to care our eyes. Eye is one of the sensitive organ which needs utmost care. If not taken care properly, there are chances that you might go blind. Raw beet contains carotenoids – which are very beneficial for the eye. Drinking beet juice absorbs the carotenoids. This will be destroyed when you cook. So go for beet juice and protect your eyes.
- Beetroot juice is an effective natural remedy for anemic patients. Its because beetroot contains 14%RDA that allows oxygen in the blood.
- The presence of betaine is one of the advantage of consuming beet root juice. It helps in the proper functioning of liver cells and thereby protects your liver and bile ducts.
- Beetroot juice is extremely beneficial for pregnant women as it provides a healthy pink tone to their baby. It also aids in proper development of baby’s spinal cord.
- Another amazing fact about beetroot juice is that it helps in improving the digestive health. Being a perfect detoxifier, beetroot juice cleanses intestines. People suffering from hypochlorhdria – a medical condition which increases stomach acidity, are recommended to drink beetroot juice. The fiber content in beet root keeps moving the waste materials through small and large intestines. Credits: http://www.puregoodness.net/
- For those who lose stamina and feels tired to respond to exercises, drinking beet juice improves physical activity and increases stamina. You will no longer feel tired after your workouts.
- The juice also helps in fighting against inflammation and build a strong immune system. The magnesium present in the juice relieves you from stress , tension and anxiety.
- Beetroot juice for glandular fever? Any of your friends or relatives suffering from this viral infection? Glandular fever is a viral infection that affects young adults and teenagers. It is passed from one person to another by close contact. Yes, you can drink beetroot juice to get relieved from glandular fever.
- Incorporating beetroot in your juice, or drinking beetroot juice help in metabolism and treats obesity in overweight people.
- Beet juice is also known to treat headache, menstrual problems,
- Rich in carbohydrates, calcium, phosphorus, potassium and vitamin B, vitamin C, beet root juice enables blood circulation in the scalp thereby promoting hair growth.
- Drinking beet root juice mixed with vinegar removes dandruff and even psoriasis from your scalp.
- Applying beetroot juice as a mask can give more pinkish compelxion to your face.. mix 1 tablespoon of carrot juice with 1 tablespoon of beetroot juice. Apply it all over the face with a cotton ball and leave it for 10mins and then wash it off.
- With its antioxidant properties, beetroot juice protects your skin from premature aging by neutralizing free radicals effects.
- Drinking beet juice lowers your bad cholesterol and raises good cholesterol level.
How to make beetroot juice?
It has been scientifically proven that drinking beetroot juice lowers blood pressure. It just takes 10mins to prepare and is one of the healthiest juice recipes. Let us see how its made.
- 1 small red beetroot
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- Place all the ingredients in a juicer and process them through it.
- Pour it in a chilled serving glass and serve.
- Drink this juice in the morning on an empty stomach.
Incorporating beetroot in your dishes is one of the tedious tasks for every housewives and moms. But, the fact is this super food has amazing health benefits that you cant ever imagine. Treating blood pressure includes ways to reduce stress, eating healthy foods, exercising daily and taking proper nutrients. Instead of buying processed foods that contain added flavors, try something like this and cut short your doctor fees.