Holding the ice pack over the injured and painful shoulder is not easy. It also leads to easy warming up of the ice. There are many cold therapy units for the joints but the shoulder pads are not easily or widely available.
The Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad ensures the water does not lose its cool and gives you longer lasting comfort from the pain and swelling. It also leaves both the hands of the patient free to do whatever it needs to do. You can strap on this shoulder pad and take rest while the Polar Care Cube cooling system does it job of soothing the affected area.
Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad
The Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad relieves the pain and provides compression as well. It is an easy to use setup that can be used in the hospitals and at home. The cold system can provide cold water for up to 6-8 hours.
It needs just a small amount of ice to start with and depending on the need of the patient it can last for a long time. The shoulder pad wraps comfortably over the shoulders covering a larger area. The straps are elastic so it can stay tight and provides compression. It also ensures that the pad stays in its place.
The Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad is an effective system with a stronger pump that can work quietly. The flow rate into the shoulder pads is higher and allows even temperature all over the pad.
Breg Polar Care Cube Cold therapy system
You don’t get the Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad alone. It usually comes with the Breg Polar Care Cube cold therapy system. The cold therapy system is a cooler with a connecting tube that attaches to the shoulder pad. The water from the cold system flows to the pad through this tube. This Breg Polar Care Cube cold therapy system is a prescription product that needs the doctor’s prescription for purchase.
Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad is suitable for
Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad is suitable for patients who have chronic pain in the shoulders, after any kind of surgery to this area, reconstructive procedures, or arthroscopic procedures.
Breg Polar Care Cube instructions
The Breg Polar Care Cube cold therapy system has a lockable lid on the top. Unlock the lid and remove it. There are lines marked inside the container indicating how much water and ice you need to add.
- Step 1 is to add the cold water up to the marked line.
- Next step is to add ice up to the mark provided. It is highly important to add water first and then add the ice cubes. Once you have filled it, close the lid, and lock it into the place.
- Connect the cold therapy unit to the shoulder pad using the metal tabs. Connect the connectors until you hear a pop. Once it is connected and set, connect the unit to the power outlet.
- Cover the shoulder with a towel and then wrap the shoulder pad over it.
- Switch on the power and the cold water would run into the shoulder pad that is wrapped on the affected area.
- To switch off the system, turn off the power and unplug.
Additional usage tips
Remember to drain and container before you store it for the next use. Also, ensure that you use ice cubes for better performance rather than using larger chunks of ice.
You should not open the lid before unplugging the device.
It is not necessary to remove the shoulder pad when you have switched off the system. It can stay on as long as the water is still cold.
When not to use Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad
- People with a history of any adverse effects to localized cold therapy or have any kind of injury or cases of frostbites should not use this Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad.
- People who are not comfortable with anesthesia should not use this.
- Any local circulation problem can interfere with this cold therapy system.
- People suffering from sickle cell anemia, vasospastic disorders, hypercoagulable clotting disorders, Buerger’s disease, and other circulatory syndromes should not use this.
- It is also not safe for the diabetic polyneuropathy.
Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad reviews
Many users have used the Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad satisfactorily. It has helped many to reduce the intake of anti-inflammatory medications and painkillers.
Many users caution that the Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad can provide ice cold water. So, one should be prepared to bear this temperature. It is highly important to have a towel placed under the shoulder pads to protect the skin.
People vouch that it relieves the pain and bring comfort faster than with many other cold therapy systems. The ice cold is really what you need to control the swelling and pain and this Breg Polar Care Cube shoulder pad and cold therapy system is what you need to get this ice cold water.Posted on