Gas is actually part of natural digestive process but many of us fear the outcome. There is nothing more embarassing than an impromptu fart at the wrong time which can result in lifelong jokes on the person. But problematic gas can often lead to serious digestive disorders if left untreated.
Excess gas in out stomach are a result of many things such as drinking, not chewing food correctly, spicy foods, stress and many more. Some of the symptoms noted are bad breath, faltulence, lack of hunger, bloating, belch or even stomach pain.
It is better to get them treated ASAP without further delay but here’s the catch. You need not sit in the clinic and wait for your number to pop up. Just hunt your kitchen counters and you will find simple home remedies that can cut the problematic gas from the core.
So, for you, here are the top 5 home remedies for gas that will completely get rid of excess gas from the body.
One of the best and old remedies that have been used from ages, Ginger is one of the best remedy for indigestion or gas issues. There are various options to consume ginger.
- Mix ginger, fennel and cardamom and ground them. Take a cup of water and add a tsp of this mix along with a pinch of asafoetida. Drink it twice a day for better results.
- Ginger tea is another option for cutting down gas issues.
- Ginger juice can also be consumed along with a mix of asafoetida.
- Another remedy is chewing piece of raw ginger after every meal or simply adding ginger as one of the ingredients in your everyday food.
Based on my and several others’ experience, garlic is another miraculous gift from nature that can cure indigestion from the body. Of course it will keep everyone away but that’s the beauty of it. You don’t need anyone to itch you around especially when you are dealing with problematic gas.
Simply chewing on a clove of garlic can effectively remove flatulence from the stomach and correct your digestion.
Another method is to boil few amounts of garlic, black pepper and cumin seeds. Strain it and let it cool. Now drink this twice a day regularly.
A combo of carom seeds, black salt along with buttermilk work aces in your body and is considered an excellent remedy as per Ayurveda to get rid of gas.
Take a tsp of carom or celery seeds and mix with black salt (as per your taste) and blend with a cup of buttermilk.
Drink it regularly.
Fennel seeds are actually a herb (carminative) that assists the body in eliminating gas from your intestinal tract. In India, fennel seeds have a special place and are often munched on after a meal which works not only as a mouth freshner but also sorts any digestive problems.
- Boil fennel seeds in water and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Strain and drink the water.
- Not just seeds but leaves too can help you get rid of gas
- A mix of fennel, cardamom, mint leaves and make a concoction by boiling all the three. This will help you to get rid of stomach gas.
An over the kitchen counter herb, Cardamom can speed up the digestion process and free you from belching every now and then.
- Chew whole pods of cardamom thrice a day OR
- crush ginger, cardamom with a tsp of fennel seeds and boil in water for 10-15 minutes. Drink this tea two to three times a day to get rid of unwanted bloating.
Try these home remedies during tough times. However, if the gas conditions do not seem to go away better consult a doctor. But before that make sure you keep a strict eye on your daily diet.