Intestamine nutritional support for the gastrointestinal tract is a dietary supplement that features all the necessary ingredients that assist in normal structure and function of the GI tract. It does NOT contain any yeast, gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, starch, sodium, corn, preservatives, artificial colors of flavors.
Intestamine is a dietary supplement formula that includes specialized ingredients such as L-glutamine (an amino acid) for maintaining healthy gastrointestinal, liver and immune support. A natural product from Douglas labs, the ingredients are blend together in an easy drink and mix formula for optimum absorption by the body. It is also available in a capsule supplement for those who prefer easy swallow.
How Does Intestamine Work?
A healthy GI tract is crucial in promoting a healthy body. Even the slightest change can alter your mood levels, digestive process, immune system etc. in more than one ways. From obesity to your disruptive mood behavior, a healthy gut can hold the key to positive results on your body.
A recent study shows that probiotics can help your GI system to digest foods efficiently, enhance absorption of necessary nutrients, boost the immunity power, flush out toxic elements from the body and so on.
Intestamine nutritional support for the gastrointestinal tract is a dietary supplement that features all the necessary ingredients that assist in normal structure and function of the GI tract. For instance, glutamine is basically an energy resource for intestinal cells. It handles the physiological stress of the gastrointestinal tract.
Glutamine is a generous amino acid that is found in blood. A transporter of nitrogen, glutamine helps in carrying ammonia (toxic element produced when protein is broken down) to the urea where it is eliminated as urine.
If your GI tract is well-oiled and is running smoothly, you probably don’t need Intestamine or a probiotic for that sake. But, if you are dealing with issues such as bloating, IBS, diarrhea, etc., it can help you overcome such symptoms.
Intestamine For Leaky Gut – Ingredients And Benefits
- L-Glutamine – flushes out toxins such as ammonia to the urea and out via urine. It also prevents muscle loss by improving the protein metabolism. Glutamine is essential for boosting the immune system and GI health.
- NutraFlora – FOS (Fructooligosaccharides) are non-digestible fructose. However, your probiotic friends in the GI tract simply love to feed on FOS. As a result, there are low carcinogens, improved mineral absorption, low LDL cholesterol in your body.
- Acacia Fiber – dietary soluble fiber that helps the digestive system to run smoothly. They also keep the cholesterol and insulin levels on balance thus preventing health conditions such as cardiac disease, diabetes etc.
- N-Acetyl and D-Glucosamine – is a powerful agent that prevents inflammation in the body. It can also inhibit many inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, IBD, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease etc.
Other ingredients include Xylitol, cellulose, natural orange and vanilla powders, citric acid, mannitol, vegetable stearate, natural palm wax, and silica.
INTESTAMINE CAPSULES: Inactive ingredients include gelatin (capsule), water, magnesium stearate, and silica.
It does NOT contain any yeast, gluten, soy protein, milk/dairy, starch, sodium, corn, preservatives, artificial colors of flavors.
Dosage & Instructions
When to take Intestamine? The recommended dosage is 6 capsules between meals every day or as advised by your medical practitioner.
Also, it is recommended that you take it with cold or room temperature foods/liquids. Do not consume it with foods/liquids that are hot or acid-inducing.
NOTE the N-Acetyl and D-Glucosamine are derived from shrimp and crab. So if you are allergic to shellfish, then do not use this product.
If you are pregnant, nursing or under medication for any health condition, consult your physician before trying this product as precautionary measures.
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT MEANT FOR VEGETARIANS SINCE THE AMINO ACIDS ARE DERIVED FROM SHRIMP & CRAB.
Intestamine Side Effects
So far there have been no side effects reported.
Intestamine By Douglas Labs Reviews
Be it Intestamine powder review or capsules review, general consensus has only good words to say. Consumers claim that the product is amazing and heals many health issues. For instance, a user who was suffering from GI tract symptoms claims her bloating, gas etc. has alleviated to a large extent.
Another user says her husband was suffering from ulcerative colitis. After trying this product, his intestinal health seems to have really got better. They also do not feel any side effects so far.
Its price is budget friendly and does not empty your pocket even if you are following it faithfully.
There are a couple of downsides seen here. One is the fact that it does not work when it comes to capsules). Another group says Intestamine powder does show positive results but the flavor is not much preferred by users. While the company, Douglas labs say the flavor is quite neutral, users claim it is quite bland. You can clearly see that the product is not meant for vegetarians.
Well, you can always mix it with your favorite juice or shake for covering the taste and double the benefits of health.
Here are few of the users’ reviews.
- ChrisG – “Intestamine capsules are simply great for digestive/intestinal health. I have been using it for two and a half years now and I must say the results are simply amazing.”
- Sabita – “Those who are suffering from inflammation on intestinal issues, it is best recommended.”
- Timberline E – “I have been using this product for 3 years now. It works wonders for intestinal/gut conditions. I am using it daily and it continues to benefit me greatly.”
- Peyt – “I have been using it only for a couple of weeks now but I didn’t feel any difference in my leaky gut. Will report back once I complete the bottle as recommended.”
Shipping And Returns
If you buy from Yes Wellness, you will be getting Intestamine at an affordable cost. Currently, the company is shipping free (above $59) only to Canada. If you are a resident of another region, contact customer support.
Yes wellness comes with a 30-day return policy. If you are having second thoughts about Intestamine, then return the unopened product for a full refund. For opened products, you will be receiving store credit.
What People Often Ask? (Faq Section)
Can I buy Intestamine from amazon online?
Yes, you can purchase it from amazon.
Is Intestamine available in New Zealand?
You won’t find Intestamine from Douglas Labs but there are other Intestamine powders available. For instance, bioceuticals Intestamine powder is available in New Zealand.
Can I treat candida with Intestamine?
Yes, it can alleviate infection pertaining to candida. The ingredients are specifically formulated to balance the friendly probiotic gut level and prevent recurrence of any infection.
Can Intestamine cause constipation or diarrhea?
Though there are no reports so far, few claim that prolonged use of Intestamine can give you constipation. As regards to diarrhea, Intestamine contains glutamine that is a quick fix for a leaky gut that leads to diarrhea.
Is Intestamine a probiotic supplement?
No, it is not a probiotic supplement. However, it does contain ingredients that build up the power of your existing probiotic friends in GI tract. As the ability of lactobacillus increases, the overall benefits for your health is evident.
Does Intestamine work for IBS, bloating, acid reflux,?
Yes, it is an excellent supplement that works primarily on the digestive and GI tract. with regular use, you will notice positive visible results (as claimed by many users)
Is it okay to take Intestamine by Douglas Labs during pregnancy?
Studies of pregnant women and the health of fetus have not been studied upon with Intestamine dosage. Hence, it is always better to consult your medical practitioner before consuming this product as a precautionary measure.
Is Intestamine gluten free?
Yes, it is a gluten free product.
Are there Intestamine tablets available?
No, it is available only in capsule and powder formula.
Is Intestamine by Douglas Labs the same as Intestamine available at metagenics?
No, the company that manufactures Intestamine supplement is different. There are two manufacturing companies – (1) Douglas Labs and (2) Bioceuticals that also manufactures Intestamine 150g powder formula.
Is Intestamine powder available in the UK?
Yes, it is available in the UK.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Boosts the immune system
- Protects you from leaky gut, digestive malware etc.
- Improves nutrition level in the gastrointestinal tract
- Boosting nitrogen transportation in body
- May help in cell repair, regeneration, and structure
- Soothes inflammation in intestinal walls that lead to colitis, IBS etc.
- Price is quite economical
- Promotes growth of friendly bacteria in body
- Manufactured in GMP compliant facility
- Is not approved by FDA (being a health supplement)
- Might take a while to show results (based on person-to-person)
- Is not suitable for vegetarians
Summing it up, Intestamine is an excellent GI supplement that promotes a healthy gut, liver, and immune system. The ingredients are all-natural and do not contain any additives. If you are looking for a product to boost your overall health, then this is for you.