LifeScan offers a broad collection of blood glucose monitoring products for both hospitals and patients for diabetes care. It offers an integrated system designed to seamlessly help Healthcare Professionals and patients better monitor and control blood glucose levels. From their wide selection of products – OneTouch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device and OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets are few of the company’s very popular products. And this article describes the complete OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets Review and OneTouch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device Review.
OneTouch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device
LifeScan’s One Touch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device aka OneTouch Penlet Plus Adjustable Blood Sampler is less painful and easy to use device. With seven depth setting options, you can find and adjust to one depth that feels best. This device is compatible with the One Touch FinePoint Lancets and One Touch Ultrasoft Lancets. You can also use with OneTouch UltraClear Cap to help you get a sample from your palm or your arm. However, please refer to the Owner’s Booklet or consult your healthcare professional before beginning to test on your forearm or palm.
OneTouch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device – Features
- It is an adjustable blood sampler
- Select from 7 depth settings, the one most comfortable for you and obtain a drop of blood.
- Includes 25 FinePoint Lancets for less painful testing
- Easy to select depth adjustment
- Smaller to larger bumps indicate shallower to deeper punctures
- Hands-free lancet removal
- Less painful and easier to use
- It is compatible with – One Touch FinePoint Lancets and One Touch Ultrasoft Lancets
OneTouch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device – Product Inclusions
This package contains –
- OneTouch PenLet Plus Adjustable Sampler
- 25 OneTouch Finepoint lancets
OneTouch Ultrasoft Penlet Plus Lancing Device – Customer Reviews
People are extremely pleased with this product performance. They say it works just as advertised and is easy and very comfortable to use. Read below few real users’ reviews
- John likes the way it works correctly. He is using 4 times a day and it lasts a year.
- Edward says this is a great penlet. It has a nice size to handle and has a stick that is comfortable. He checks his glucose levels 7-8 times daily and will stick to this penlet.
- Bruce likes everything but can’t adjust the depth enough to get a good hit. He has to push it down hard to get a blood sample.
- YKri8ive experience with this product is disappointing. The customer ordered 2 penlet plus lancing devices in the past year and both broke within few weeks of use.
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets – About
Lifescan OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets is compatible with all OneTouch UltraSoft and OneTouch Penlet Plus Adjustable Blood Samplers. It has an ultra thin tip which offers less painful penetration while testing. This requires only a tiny blood sample and gives results within five seconds.
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets – Features
- Its ultra thin design for less painful testing
- It comes in a 28 Gauge size
- Available Box sizes – 100, 200 and 300 counts sterile lancets
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets – Cautions
For your safety never share your lancets with another person
Sterile caution – Do not use if the protective disk has been damaged or removed
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets – Instructions to Use
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water and dry well before testing.
- Load lancet into lancing device and twist off the protective cap
- Select a spot on the side of a different finger each time you take a blood sample
- Follow lancing device manufacturer’s manual instructions for obtaining a blood sample
- Eject lancet from lancing device and snap-on safety cap before discarding.
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets – Tip
To lessen the pain of testing, it is advisable to change lancet after each use. This will ensure least painful puncture. Usually, lancets become dull and painful when reused.
OneTouch UltraSoft Lancets – Customer Reviews
Users’ opinion for this product is amazing. They say the product is just as advertised; works fine as expected and is easy to use. Moreover, it is available at an outstanding price. However, few people complain that this
- Lancet doesn’t fit their lancing device.
- Jim says the UltraSoft lancets work reliably with his equipment.
- Teri is using this brand lancet for the last 20 years. He says this product is very reliable and expects it to never get replace or removed.
- Fred says the end cap feature covers the needle well. It keeps it clean until use and useful to cover the sharp when discarding.
- Ron complains that this lancet does not puncture well to get enough blood and cover the strip. He will be buying better lancets.
- Jay got OneTouch UltraMini Glucose Monitoring System as a gift and bought LifeScan OneTouch Ultra Soft Sterile Lancets as they claim to be compatible with. But to his surprise, it didn’t work, making his purchase entirely waste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to buy OneTouch products?
You can purchase OneTouch products at local pharmacies or retailers where they sell diabetes supplies or online from LifeScan’s official website ShopOneTouch.com, Amazon, Wal-Mart, medicalsupplydepot.com and more. Please note Product availability may vary by local pharmacies or retailer.
Can I use a lancet more than once?
No, to help avoid infection, the company recommends using a new sterile lancet every time you test. A used lancet can get dull even after one use. Also, never use a lancet used by someone else. Always dispose of the used lancet in a container for sharp/ biohazard objects.
For past several years, LifeScan’s OneTouch products are doing amazingly well. Today also, many people rely on OneTouch lancing device, penlet and lancets to help check and regulate their blood sugar levels. So, if you are looking for any of the blood glucose monitoring devices, think LifeScan first.