P5P50 from Pure Encapsulations is a dietary supplement that helps improve the energy production and mitochondrial health support. The P5P50 capsules contain the activated form of the vitamin B6 in pyridoxal-5’-phosphate. This P5P50 has got many benefits for the body by improving, supporting, enhancing and getting involved with many functions.
P5P50 from Pure Encapsulations is a dietary supplement that helps improve the energy production and mitochondrial health support. The P5P50 capsules contain the activated form of the vitamin B6 in pyridoxal-5’-phosphate. This P5P is the active metabolite of pyridoxine. This pyridoxine is the predominant form of the B6 in plasma. This P5P50 has got many benefits for the body by improving, supporting, enhancing and getting involved with many functions. These vegetarian capsules contain the enough amount of pyridoxxal-5’-phosphate in the easily acceptable form. It not only participates in the many physiological and other activities inside the body, it will also fulfill many nutritional requirements as well.
Benefits of using P5P50 capsules
- P5P50 capsules will release the P5P or vitamin B6 into the blood that can reach the brain also. It improves the nervous system health. It also takes part in the brain functioning and controls the chemical and hormone balance in the brain. Vitamin B6 is needed for the synthesis of neurotransmitters like serotonin and to maintain the balance of sodium-potassium levels.
- Improves red blood cell production
- Strengthens the immune system by improving the antibody production
- Plays important role in the cardiovascular health
- Vitamin B6 from the P5P50 will also monitor the absorption of magnesium which will be used in the production of the stomach acid HCl.
- Vitamin B6 is also a co-enzyme in many metabolic activities of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and fatty acids. The vitamin B6 is either directly involved with the metabolism or works in collaboration with the enzymes concerning.
- The co-enzyme activity will help in the collagen formation which will benefit in healthy skin, hair and nails.
- The most important benefit of P5P50 is energy production. The body needs vitamin B6 or P5P for the release of stored energy from the liver or muscles. P5P can enter the mitochondria and facilitates smoother functioning of this organ, which automatically reflects in better energy production.
- Vitamin B6 can reduce the levels of methionine which is responsible for cardiovascular diseases and cardiac arrest. The reduction in methionine will lower the homocysteine levels that will make a reduction in blood pressure, cerebral vascular and heart diseases.
- In women, P5P50 capsules will help curb the pre-menstrual symptoms by improving the neurotransmitter levels. These neurotransmitters like serotonin will improve the mood.
Ingredients of P5P50 capsules
P5P50 capsules contain 50 mg of pyridoxal 5’ phosphate that contains activated B6 and 3 mg of vitamin C. the only other ingredient is the hypoallergenic plant fiber to increase the volume in the capsules. The 50 mg of P5P is in accordance with the recommended dosage of P5P.
Dosage of P5P50 capsules
The recommended dosage is to take 2 capsules per day. The dosage can be divided equally with the meals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any side effects or drug interactions of using P5P50 capsules?
Vitamin B6 can cause numbness in some people as their sensory nerves are affected. It happens when someone takes an overdose which is higher than 200 mg per day. The safe usage in pregnant and lactating women is not established. In some people pyridoxal 5 phosphate may cause nausea and vomiting, or stomach pain, headache, loss of appetite, tingling sensation or sleepiness.
The P5P50 may cause some drug interactions with the cardiac medications, antidepressants, epilepsy drugs, and the medications used to treat Parkinson’s disease. The increased serotonin levels with the use of P5P50 capsules can go alarmingly high with the use of anti-depressants and other nerve improvement medications.
Prolonged use of P5P50 capsules may also cause some discrepancies like a decline in kidney functioning which is also observed as vitamin B6 toxicity. It can also increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases. These changes are seen in people with diabetics and prolonged pyridoxal 5 phosphate.
What are the sources of vitamin B6 and vitamin C in P5P50 capsules?
The P5P50 is synthetically derived and the vitamin C is derived by fermentation from corn dextrose and palm oil. Plant fiber is taken from pine cellulose.
What are the natural sources of vitamin B6?
Animal based foods like Tuna fish, turkey, beef, chicken, salmon and some plant varieties like sweet potato, spinach, and banana and sunflower seeds are some well known natural resources of vitamin B6.
Can P5P50 be useful for autism?
There is no direct link to prove that P5P50 capsules can be helpful for autism. The effects of the activated Vitamin B6 in the neurotransmitter production will improve the mood swings in autistic people. There is also another observation that the co-enzyme activity will reduce some organic compounds that are seen in increased levels in autistic people.
What are the symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency?
The vitamin B6 deficiency will cause anemia, skin disorders, rashes or cracks near the mouth, depression, more infections etc. These can be indications that there is less vitamin B6 in the body. If you suffer from chronic inflammation, it could be vitamin B6 deficiency. Lack of energy could also indicate that the body lacks the enough amount of vitamin B6 in the body.
What causes vitamin B6 deficiency?
Continued use of medications that reduce hypertension, contraceptives, alcohol abuse, over use of soda with a chemical tartrazine etc can lead to vitamin B6 deficiency.