PHILIPS HEARTSTART ONSITE AED DEFIBRILLATOR
The Philips HeartStart AED defibrillator is made to suit adults and children, even suitable for infants. The important part of the defibrillator is the replacement pads. It is this AED defibrillator pads that sense the electrical current of the body and decide whether or not it requires a shock to bring the heart rhythm back on track.
A medical emergency may arise anywhere anytime. The number of people suffering cardiac arrest is one million just in USA and Europe together. People who have a weak heart may have an emergency unexpectedly regardless of where they are. But not all are prepared for the emergency at their workplace or schools.
This is where Philips HeartStart Onsite AED defibrillator comes handy. AED defibrillator is used when the pulse of the person is alarmingly low or there is a sudden cardiac arrest. In both cases there is need for an external electrical stimulation to re-establish the heart rhythm.
The Philips HeartStart AED defibrillator is made to suit adults and children, even suitable for infants. These AED defibrillators are available without a prescription and HeartStart is an online store that offers good quality AEDs. The important part of the defibrillator is the replacement pads. The AED defibrillator provides small electrical power for the stimulation. This stimulation is passed on to the victim’s body by the smart pads that are replaceable. There are also replacement pads that can replace the used pads or the ones that have expired because of non-use for a long period.
The Features of Philips HeartStart Onsite AED Defibrillator
- The Philips HeartStart onsite AED defibrillator replacement pads come in handy when one pad is used. The Smart pads that are used in the AED defibrillators are for onetime use.
- Once used, the pads have to be replaced by new ones.
- The defibrillator pads have self adhesive tapes attached to it. The pads come in cartridges that can be snapped on to the device. These need to be pulled out for using.
- The replacement pads will also have the necessary cables to connect it to the device to pass the shock to the victim’s body.
- It is this AED defibrillator pads that sense the electrical current of the body and decide whether or not it requires a shock to bring the heart rhythm back on track.
- After each use promptly remove the used pads and replace it with brand new replacement pads which are available as separate package for purchase.
- Separate cartridges are available for adults and children.
- The Replacement pads and the pads that come with the package get EXPIRED in two years even if it is not in use. The pads are meant for single use so replacement is a must to have the device ready for the next emergency. If it is not used for two years, its usefulness is nearly gone and will need a replacement to have it ready.
Why separate repayment pads for adults and children
The children under the age of 8 or those who weigh less than 55 pounds in weight need lesser energy to be passed on to them. Using the appropriate pads will ensure that only that much energy is used while providing the defibrillation. The energy that is needed by them is 150-50J. It is these pads that sense if the person needs a shock and if yes, then how much should be exerted. With proper replacement used this task is easily taken care of and there is no scope of an unknown mistake.
Remove the pad and attach it to the skin of the victim, all clothes are to be removed from the chest area. The Smart pad is attached to the human skin and activates itself. At this time the caution light blinks indicating that it is detecting the heart rhythm of the patient and no one is to touch the patient. Once the detection is done, press the shock button to deliver the necessary shock. When the button is pressed small electric current is passed on to the victim’s body, just like what would have done by a professional.
The AED defibrillator replacement pads are as important as the device itself. They need replacement as soon as they are used. It is better to replace them then itself as we may forget to do it if we put it off to a later date and the next time an emergency arises there may not be enough time. The AED defibrillator has to be always ready for use. The relevance of the device lies in the fact that even a 4-5 minutes delay on providing the stimulation may prove fatal.