Try Prevantics Swabs! This Prevantics Topical CHG Skin Swabs, 100/ Box are best for both pre-operative and pre-injection skin preparation. It includes 3.15% chlorhexidine and 70% isopropyl alcohol that is worth at killing a broad spectrum of bacteria present on the skin. Read on to know more about preventive swabs. Also, check out its reviews and other useful details…
Prevantics Skin Swabs are topical antiseptic swabs that are FDA approved for use at surgical and injection sites. This square flat shaped applicator works best at pre-operative skin preparation. It has proven effective to quickly kill the bacteria and promote antimicrobial activity for up to 7 days.
Prevantics Swabs features
- Prevantics is a topical skin antiseptic.
- It includes 3.15% Chlorhexidine Gluconate and 70% Isopropyl Alcohol.
- Effectively reduces microorganisms on intact skin.
- Offers minimal risk of skin irritation.
- Equivalent to 268 mg of Chlorhexidine Gluconate per touch.
- Equally fast acting and made in the USA.
Prevantics Swabs ingredients
Chlorhexidine gluconate 3.15% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
Prevantics Swabs – Directions of use
- Maximum treatment area for one swab is around 2.5 by 2.5 inches (6 by 6 cm). First, tear open packet and remove the swab. Remember do not unfold this swab.
- Then prior to injection, apply the swab to the procedure area by holding it between the thumb and index finger. Apply swab to the skin by using repeated back and forth strokes for 15 seconds.
- Next, allow the prepared area to dry for 30 seconds.
- Do not blot or wipe dry then finally discard after single use.
Do not use Prevantics Swabs
- On individuals with known allergies to chlorhexidine gluconate or isopropyl alcohol.
- Under occlusive patch.
- For lumbar puncture or in contact with meninges.
- On open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser.
Prevantics Swabs warnings
- The swabs are flammable so keep them away from fire or flame.
- Do not use them with electrocautery procedures.
- Keep out of ears, eyes, mouth and mucous membranes. Otherwise, this may cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain.
- If contact occurs, rinse with cold water immediately.
- Stop the use and immediately contact a doctor in case of irritation, sensitization, and allergic reactions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, seek a medical help or contact a Poison control center immediately.
- Store between 68-77 °F.
- Avoid freezing and excessive heat above 104 °F.
Prevantics Swabs reviews
Overall, the product has received 5/5 stars from its users. The swabs are latex free and are worth at reducing bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection. Further, mentioned below are some honest reviews. Let’s have a look at them…
“Low these swabs.”
“I am very happy with the product. It gives excellent results as advertised.”
“Thank you Prevantics Swabs!”
“Good value for the paid money.”
Where to buy?
The product is available for sale at online stores like mountainside-medical.com. You may get them at a reasonable price with many cheap offers.
Discount, coupon and promo offers
Mountainside medical offers 5% off on orders over $50, 10% off on the entire purchase, free shipping on orders over $75. Besides, there are options to log in with your respective email address for getting all the latest updates and deals. Hurry! Never miss these offers…
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to wipe out this antiseptic liquid from the skin after its application?
No, you should never wipe it off. The formula contains 3.15% Chlorhexidine Gluconate and Isopropyl Alcohol which should be left on the skin for antimicrobial activity.
What is the contact number of Mountainside Medical?
The contact number of Mountainside Medical is 1-888-687-4334.
What is their return policy?
There is a 30 days return policy on all the products available at their site.
What is the difference between dry sites and wet sites?
Dry sites are areas where there are no skin folds and also there is no evidence of any moisture caused by diaphoresis. While, wet sites are areas with skin folds such as the groin area and underarms (as well as areas that may be moist due to diaphoresis).