Pro-Stat AWC is a sugar free ready-to-drink complete liquid protein medical food. It is also an advanced wound care drink that provides a synergistic approach to wound healing while reducing intake of multiple supplements and extra cost. Read on to know more details Pro-Stat AWC Liquid Protein.
Prostat sugar free AWC provides 17 grams of enzyme-hydrolyzed complete protein and 100 calories per 1 fl oz, with added arginine, citrulline, cystine, vitamin C, and zinc. This is an enzyme hydrolyzed complete protein supplement with naturally occurring high nitrogen mix of essential, conditionally essential and non-essential amino acids. Pro-Stat AWC Advanced Wound care is high in protein with 17 grams per 1 oz. serving – 15 grams of protein from enriched collagen (tryptophan and cystine added) and 2.0 grams added L-Arginine.
It has no fat or cholesterol and is low in sodium, phosphorus, and potassium. It is helpful for to your body for both Pre-surgery and post- surgery. For Pre-surgery, it protects lean body mass, strength, and energy. Post-surgery, it supports advanced wound healing, recovery, energy and metabolism, and fulfills protein needs. It is easy to intake – take it straight or mixed with liquids or soft food. This product is kosher certified.
Pro-Stat AWC Sugar Free Liquid Protein – Features And Benefits
- It contains 17 grams protein and 108 calories in 30 mL (1 oz).
- Its ready-to-use liquid supplement that is easy to take – no mixing required.
- Take it like a medication or used as a food fortifier.
- One clinical study was shown to promote pressure ulcer and wound healing
- Small 30 ml serving size promotes compliance.
- It is low in potassium, phosphorus, and sodium.
- It has shelf stable life and no refrigeration needed.
- Hydrolyzed (pre-digested) for rapid absorption, even with impaired gastric processes
- It helps tissue healing and weight stabilization.
- Includes high-nitrogen amino acids such as Arginine, Glycine, Proline and Hydroxyproline for high net protein utilization
- It contains arginine, citrulline, cystine, vitamin C and zinc
- It is rich in conditionally indispensable amino acids needed for recovery
- Perfect for administration via feeding tubes and it will not clog them too.
- Sugar, Wheat, Lactose, soy and Gluten Free
- Available in 2 great tasting flavors – Citrus Splash and Wild Cherry Punch
- Available in bottles or unit doses
- Certified Kosher
- It is for oral use under medical supervision
- The 30fl oz. bottle serves 30 servings
- Priced around $60
Pro-Stat AWC Sugar Free Liquid Protein – Ingredients
The common ingredient details are – Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein, Water, Glycerin, Malic Acid, L-Arginine. Contains 2% or less: L-Citrulline, L-Tryptophan, L-Cysteine HCL, Phosphoric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate (to help protect flavor), Sodium Benzoate (to help protect flavor), Sucralose, Zinc Sulfate.
Wild Cherry Punch flavored version of this product contains 2% or less of Natural flavors. And Citrus Splash flavored pack contains 2% or less of Natural and Artificial Flavors. It comes in honey-like viscosity. It is Lactose-Free, Gluten-Free, and Soy-Free.
Pro-Stat AWC Sugar Free Liquid Protein – Nutritional Facts
Nutritional value per 30ml serving
- Calories, 100 kcal
- Protein 17g
- L-Arginine 3.3g
- Fat 0g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Vitamin C 175mg
Minerals such as –
- Zinc 10mg
- Sodium 50mg
- Potassium 20mg
- Phosphorus 50 mg
Pro-Stat AWC Sugar Free Liquid Protein – Directions
Administration – Use under medical supervision. Healthcare professionals must determine intake based on condition, estimated need and dietary intake. Suggested intake is 1–3 servings per day. Administer orally or through a feeding tube.
Oral Feeding – Take it straight or mixed with any hot or cold beverage or food.
Tube Feeding Instructions
- Flush feeding tube with 30-60 ml water.
- Pour 30 ml of Pro-Stat in a 4–6 fl oz container.
- Add 30–60 ml water and mix well with a disposable spoon or tongue blade.
- Administer Pro-Stat via syringe.
- Flush with 30–60 ml of water.
Pro-Stat AWC Sugar Free Liquid Protein – Instructions
- Not to be used as a sole source of nutrition.
- Not for parenteral use
- Suitable for adults.
- Take orally or administer as prescribed by a physician.
- Do Not Refrigerate. Refrigeration causes gelling.
- Store and serve at room temperature.
- Discard 3 months after opening.
- Do not use if seal is broken.
Pro-Stat AWC Indications for increased protein needs in low volume related to – stage 3-4 pressure ulcers, multiple pressure ulcers, hard to heal wounds, unintentional muscle loss, protein-energy malnutrition, low serum proteins, and sarcopenia.
Pro-Stat AWC Reviews
People say this is an excellent liquid protein for wound care. It works great and has good taste. It has received 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon from nearly 20 customer reviews.
- Gerald had a severe wound. He took it twice a day and noted improvement every week.
- Bigd says it is excellent for wound care efficiency. It helps with wound healing as well as helps to build an immune system for the healing process. He adds it tastes good and the price is also very reasonable.
- TX Lady bought this for a family member as suggested his Doctor. The user complains about taking it because he has to, but he says it has medicine taste. The citrus flavor is ok but the Wild Cherry is worse.
If you or any of your near dear one is struggling severe wound or needs a protein-energy drink then, this product is must try.