Established in 1903, Abbott’s nutrition business is a division of Abbott, the global healthcare company. Abbott makes a variety of products to help adults, babies, and children grow and keep their bodies strong and healthy. Nutrition is the foundation to healthy living and Abbott Nutrition provides resources to help people live their best life. Similac PM 60/40 Low-Iron Infant Formula Powder is for infants susceptible to constipation. Read on for complete product details.
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula
Abbott Similac PM 60/40 Low-Iron Infant Formula is for infants vulnerable to constipation and who can benefit from lowered mineral intake. A lower iron intake is important especially for infants with impaired renal function. The mineral levels found in PM 60/40 closely resemble human milk. It contains the 60:40 ratio of whey to casein (milk proteins) to lessen the absorption of iron. Moreover, this formula also treats calcium disorders both hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia due to hyperphosphatemia in infants with the high Calcium-to-phosphorus ratio.
This powder offers 20 calories per fluid ounce. Provide additional iron needs in baby’s diet from other sources. This formula is suitable for other dietary needs such as Halal, Kosher and is gluten-free. This is an unflavored Powder available in size 14.1oz (400gm) Can in single or 6 per case. Each can cost you $20.
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder Features
- Whey- and casein-based low-iron powdered infant formula
- Patterned after breast milk
- Whey and casein protein blend in a 60-to-40 ratio
- Mineral levels closely approximating the mineral content of human milk, though additional iron may be necessary
- For infants predisposed to or being treated for hypocalcemia due to hyperphosphatemia
- Appropriate for halal and kosher diets
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder Benefits
- It helps reduces painful constipation
- It manages serum calcium disorders such as hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia
- This eases digestion
- It is easy to prepare and feed
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Ingredients
This unflavored Powder contains Lactose, High Oleic Safflower Oil, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Oil, Coconut Oil, Sodium Caseinate. Less than 2% of the Following: Potassium Citrate, Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Ascorbic Acid, m-Inositol, Sodium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Mixed Tocopherols, L-Carnitine, Niacinamide, d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Beta-Carotene, Folic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Phylloquinone, Biotin, Sodium Selenate, Vitamin D3, Cyanocobalamin, and Potassium Hydroxide. It contains milk ingredients
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Powder 14.1-oz (400-g) can / 6 ct Nutritional Facts
Serving size: 100 Cal (5 fl oz, prepared as directed)
|Volume||5 fl oz prepared|
|Linoleic Acid||1000 mg|
|Vitamin A||300 IU|
|Vitamin D||60 IU|
|Vitamin E||1.5 IU|
|Vitamin K||8 mcg|
|Thiamin (Vitamin B1)||100 mcg|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||150 mcg|
|Vitamin B6||60 mcg|
|Vitamin B12||.03 mcg|
|Folic Acid||15 mcg|
|Pantothenic Acid||450 mcg|
|Vitamin C||9 mg|
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder Directions for Preparation and Use
Follow the below narrated few easy directions for your baby’s good health. Assure that proper hygiene, handling and storage are vital when preparing this infant formula. Any failure in following these directions may result in severe harm. Seek your baby’s doctor advice on the need to boil (sterilize) bottles, nipples and rings before use.
- Start preparation only after wash your hands, surfaces, and utensils thoroughly.
- See mixing guide (mentioned below) and then pour required amount of water into a clean bottle.
- Add 1 unpacked level scoop (8.7 g) to each 2 fl oz of water
- Put the dry scoop back into the can.
- Place the bottle Cap, shake well and attach nipple.
- Once oral feeding start, use the content within 1 hour or discard.
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder Mixing Guide
Mix as directed – Measure water + Add scoop(s) of unpacked level powder using enclosed scoop = Finished bottle (approx)
|2 fl oz||1 scoop (8.7 g)||2 fl oz|
|4 fl oz||2 scoops||4 fl oz|
|6 fl oz||3 scoops||6 fl oz|
To make a larger amount of formula using a standard measuring cup, add 1 unpacked, a level cup of powder (100 g) to 23 fl oz of water (makes approximately 26 fl oz of formula). When mixed as suggested, the contents of this entire can will make about 102 fl oz of formula.
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder Specifications
- Protein, % Cal: 9
- Protein Source: Whey protein concentrate, sodium caseinate
- Fat, % Cal: 50
- Fat Source: High oleic safflower, soy and coconut oils
- Carbohydrate, % Cal: 41
- Fat Ratio: 41:30:29
- Carbohydrate Source: Lactose
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O): 280
- Carbohydrate Ratio: 100
- Energy (Cal): 100
- Volume (ml): 148
- Protein (g): 2.2
- Fat (g): 5.6
- Carbohydrate (g): 10.2
- Water (g): 134
- Linoleic Acid (mg): 1000
- Potential Renal Solute Load (mOsm): 18.3
- Manufacturer: Abbott Nutrition
- Brand: Similac 60/40 Low-Iron
- Item Number: 00850
- Volume: 14.1 oz Powder
- Quantity: Each, Case of 6
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder Storage and Handling
- After the mixture is ready, store bottles in refrigerator and feed to baby within 24 hours.
- Store unopened or opened container at room temperature and avoid extreme temperatures.
- Once opened, use the can contents within 1 month.
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Precautions
- Infants should give additional iron from other sources
- It may be necessary to supply electrolytes from other sources when the infant is losing abnormal quantities of one or more electrolytes.
- It may be necessary to supply low-birth-weight infants weighing less than 1500gm at birth additional calcium, phosphorus and sodium during periods of rapid growth
- Do not ever use a microwave oven to warm formula. This may cause serious burns.
- Not for parenteral use
- Add water before feeding
- Use the product under medical supervision
Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Customer Reviews
Abbott Nutrition is a reputed and trusted company providing a variety of nutritional formula worldwide for adults, children, and babies. Their formulas are affordable and work as intended. Similac PM 60/40 is no exception. Mothers say it is very easy on babies’ tummy and gives them all the nutrients they need. Just one drawback I noted from customer reviews that this product is not available in stores. Some real users’ testimonials are –
- Court92 says she was not able to breastfeed her son and was on fussy high iron formula. After he was 7 weeks old, she bought this formula. Using this sensitive low iron formula has turned him into a completely different baby. He remains happy now and hardly needs any gas drops.
- Happymama31‘s baby had tummy issues and would scream. He was constipated for several days. She tried all the Gentle formulas and even the Gerber Good Start which worked on her older son. Nothing helped, so after reading many good reviews of this low iron formula she decided to try it. After a few days on this formula, he is a new baby. She recommends giving it a few days/ about a week time. She is glad to found it.
- Megzp says this is the best price powder which works well and much needed for her son due to the certain genetic issue.
- Chompsey says this is perfect for some thyroid and calcium disorders. Her son needs fewer minerals in his formula due to a thyroid deficiency and this is an ideal product. She got panic when couldn’t find it in any stores then she ordered it online for fast delivery.
If you are looking for any low iron nutritional formula for your infant then Abbott Similac PM 60/40 Low Iron Infant Formula Powder should be your first choice.