Did you know that your body makes 4 times the cholesterol than we need?
Yes, our body has the ability to produce cholesterol. So even if you do not eat dietary cholesterol your body will produce cholesterol all by itself.
High cholesterol, however, has many reasons to hover in the background such as
- lack of exercise
- poor dietary lifestyle
- lack of sleep
- too much stress
- genetics and so on
Immediate Remedy For Cholesterol – Foresee Side Effects
Your health practitioner will without a doubt put you on statin medications. While this is necessary for cutting down high cholesterol levels, prolonged use can prove detrimental. There are more than 900 studies that show proof of how statins can lead to:
- muscle weakness
- nerve disorder such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s
- stress and so on
If you have been put on statin medications, consult your medical practitioner whether you can make a ‘switch’ from unnatural to all natural and herbal. Some doctors might feel finicky but a genuine persistence from the patient will definitely be heard.
Herbal Remedies For Lowering Cholesterol
- Capsicum: My personal favorite. I love capsicum and often add in my dishes. Be it a salad or a salsa, capsicum as a whole or extracts, stimulate the blood flow. This will increase the blood circulation thus preventing any blockage. Capsicum detoxifies the body and there are studies that show potential in lowering the cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Psyllium: A rich fiber content, it is also used to treat constipation. Offering good health benefits, recent studies show that ingesting 5.1 grams of psyllium twice a day can result in significant reduction in LDL and serum cholesterol levels.
- Hawthorn berry: The whole plant including its leaves, flowers, berries etc. are used for medicinal purposes. The power antioxidants provide a multitude of benefits to your heart. One of the features includes dilating and relaxing the blood vessels. This enables increased blood flow to the heart and also inhibit degeneration of blood vessels.
- Butcher’s broom: Scientifically called Ruscus aculeatus, this evergreen shrub promotes a healthy circulatory life. A wizard in regenerating the blood vessels, capillaries, and the arterial walls, Butcher’s broom acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and is a great help for those who are bedridden.
Other Remedies for Lowering Your Total Cholesterol Levels
- Guggul: A small thorny tree that is found in India, guggul is a powerful herb that has many compounds such as volatile oils, resin, gum etc. that can inhibit production of LDL cholesterol in the body. It also works on the triglycerides that can be treacherous for your heart life.
- Licorice root: Used for more than 1000 years, it is considered an excellent alternative to St. John’s Wort. Apart from assisting overall health, licorice root stabilizes the fluctuating heart rhythm.
- Fenugreek seeds: Used for a variety of dishes in India, Europe etc. fenugreek seeds are omnipotent when it comes to chucking off bad cholesterol from the bloodstream. The main components of fenugreek seeds are lysine, alkaloids etc. that play a crucial role in lowering LDL (bad cholesterol) in the blood naturally without affecting the good ones.
The best part of including herbs in your diet is three-fold
- experience delicious foods
- removing self-guilt of eliminating certain “favorites” from your list AND
- act as a mood enhancer to cut out the deprivation of loved foods from your diet
Backup your herbal lifestyle with stress-free living and hitting the sack at the right time that gives you promising and evident results.