Staying beautiful is a challenge. Being born beautiful is not enough, it takes a lot of hard work to maintain yourself like that. A skin can reveal a lot about the person. Have you ever wondered how your doctor just has a look at you and reveals so much the way you are maintaining yourself. But with some of the natural oils for skin and healthy tips, you can work out a quick remedy for wrinkle, aging, acne-free skin.
Picture this: you are doing a role play of Juliet (from Romeo and Juliet), one of the most romantic couples of all time, but fate tries to play a mean game by blessing your face with acnes. You need to rehearse for your play, complete your assignments, hang out with friends etc. So what do you do apart from pray? Try out all the remedies that can reverse the pimple. But does life work that way? Unfortunately, no.
Natural remedies for your skin are available at your nearest retailers. But many opt to choose lotions and creams that contain chemicals such as methylparaben which not only damages your skin but also gives you many side effects internally. Believe it or not, they can easily enter via skin pores thereby giving you many bodily ailments.
Here are the top five mistakes that ruin your skin
- Using soap on face – many do that (which includes me). After a long day, we often use soap to clean the face as it makes us “feel clean”. But here’s the hidden bitter truth. Although they clean the face, it snatches from the skin its natural oils and moisture.
- Apply Sunscreen – not only outdoors but when you are inside home too. Why? The UV rays are powerful enough to penetrate through the shades which can cause sunburns especially during peak summer times.
- Moisturize the face – many moisturize their face only during winter times when the skin is dry/flaky. But the skin needs to be moisturized all year through to maintain the natural oils.
- Stop touching yourself – (pun intended). I meant your face, but no jokes here. How many times have you touched the face unnecessarily? No idea. But make sure not to do it again. As the hands touch a lot of surfaces, we tend to gather lot of bacteria which can get transmitted giving rise to various skin diseases.
- Wash the face – many people are not aware of their skin types. This will easily mislead them in either washing them in excess or not washing at all. The result – is poor skin tone that is dry or greasy or rough and full of pimples.
Now that you have looked at some of the factual errors which people make, let’s start our journey with some of the benefiting natural oils that can help your skin glow naturally and free you from any problems that you face. The natural oils for skin can be applied solely or with some ingredients which will give rise to soft and supple skin that is clean of acne or oily face.
Natural Oils For Skin
- Coconut oil
I don’t need tell you about coconut oil. You already know everything. But there is more than meets the eye. Famous all around the world for its myriad benefits, coconut oil not only proves as an excellent massage oil for skin but also serves as the best smoothener for the skin. That’s one of the reason it stands on Number One of world’s most favored choice.
Though coconut oil was initially considered a villian for health, it wasn’t until recent times many agreed that the saturated fats are actually harmless. In fact, it is one of the best factors that helps in retaining the skin moisture. Coconut oil also has anti-microbial properties that heals any open wounds and cuts while inhibiting any fungus or bactiera from entering to the skin. In fact, a study has shown that it has the power to cure any skin disorder such as acne, eczema, psoriasis etc. Recommended for all skin types, coconut oil contains vitamin E that protects your body from premature aging, wrinkles or fine lines.
- Coconut oil heals any skin disorders and covers all the criteria that is required for protecting your skin
- Works for all skin types including sensitive skin
- Prevents free radicals from entering your body by protecting the open wounds thereby easy healing.
- Also considered one of the best remedy for hair fall.
Healthy tip: Apply coconut oil where wrinkles/dark circles have appeared and leave it for 25-30 minutes. With regular use you will notice that your skin has become more toned, not to mention the firm skin.
- Acai oil
Scientifically called as Euterpe olercea, Acai berry is usually found in the Amazon jungle. Though many consume berries merrily, only some people know that the seeds are utilized for extracting acai oil, the benefits of which are many.
Containing many seeds, acai berry are cold pressed for delivering a green oil that is rich in antioxidants. Not many know that acai oil has medicinal properties that control the effect of free radicals. These ‘free radicals’ are nothing but the polluted environment such as sunlight and its UV rays, air that we breathe (containing pesticides, air fresheners), smoke etc. These can damage your DNA and other body cells making you succumb not only internally but also by making your skin look weird such as infusing wrinkles, fine lines, dark circles etc.
Acai oil contains a dominant antioxidant that raises the level of combating making your skin more vigilant. The result – a finished tone and reduced dark circles under the eyes.
- Makes an excellent base for face masks, cleansers or creams
- No more dark spots, wrinkles
- Protects the body cells especially the DNA from free radicals
- Contains antioxidants that support your body from inflammation.
Healthy tip: Take the required amount of acai oil and apply it on your body after showering. It will keep you moisturized for the day.
- Flaxseed oil
Derived from flax plant, flaxseed oil contains medicinal properties and is hence used to make many medicines. With the right proportions it can cure anxiety, arthritis, blood pressure and many more. But how many know that flaxseed oil can work benefits for the skin? Yes, it is a proven fact that flaxseed oil is one of the best products that will leave your skin nourishing and refreshingly healthy. Imagine waking up to irritative and sensitive skin that appears flaky and dry? Not a pretty picture, is it? Turn a new leaf by massaging your face with flaxseed oil. Flaxseed oil contains alpha-Linolenic acid (ALA), omega 3 fatty acids which contains anti-inflammatory agents. This will help in alleviating the pain due to sunburn or any other skin irritations. The result – moisturized and hydrated skin which will leave your face soft and glowing. As per “The Dermatology Blog”, it is been said that flaxseed oil possess the power to heal rosacea, eczema, acne etc.
- Relieves you from all the symptoms of dry skin and promises supple and soft skin
- detoxifies your skin thereby giving you a clear and fresh skin
- Massaging your body with flaxseed oil will boost oxygen and blood circulation leaving your skin more firm and toned.
- Anti-inflammatory agents will heal any skin burns or irritations in your skin.
Healthy tip: Save money on sunscreen. Take equal amount of gram flour, organic turmeric, Multani mitti (Fuller’s Earth), flaxseed oil and mix it to a paste. Now apply it on your body. It not only protects your body from sun and its harmful UV rays but also gives you a clearer and healthier skin. Heck!!! it even works for acnes and frequent zits. All you have to take is flaxseed oil with curd, gramflour and apply onto your face. The results are to die for. If you are suffering from dry skin, you will benefit even more from flaxseed oil.
- Sea-buckthorn oil
Who doesn’t want a toned skin that is free of dark circles, wrinkles, and stress? You, me..Everyone!!! The key to aging gracefully is respecting yourself and taking some time off for yourself. You don’t need a whole lot of products for maintaining yourself. Just some natural oils and you are ready for looking young. Sea-buckthorn oil is one amongst them. The fulfilling oil Sea-buckthorn contains various components such as beta-carotene, carotenoid, phytosterol, Vitamin E etc. that helps in completely rejuvenating the skin and toning the body.
In fact, a research was conducted in 1999 in Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry with people dealing with atopic dermatitis. After four months, the results were incredible. Almost 49 people noticed significant improvement in their health after regular consumption of sea-buckthorn pulp oil. This is because of the omega-3 fatty acids that fuses your body with invincible immune system while soothing the skin’s condition and calming the inflammation.
- Contains potent elements that guide your skin by alleviating inflammation on your skin
- A natural product that contain SPF-4 in it
- Fights free radicals especially from skin exposure
- No more wrinkles or baggy eyes in your face.
Healthy tip: Did you know that Russian cosmonauts used sea-buckthorn oil while shooting out to space for their expeditions as they were quite closer to sun making them susceptible to radiation. The point is applying drops of sea-buckthorn oil in your body can be the perfect sunscreen lotion you are hunting for.
- Olive oil
A hit among chefs and fashionistas, olive oil has been used since 5000 years ago where it was found in the Mediterrranean area. This versatile oil can lead to many benefits both internally and externally. While internally it promotes digestion, boosting of healthy components such as vitamins, minerals and proteins etc., using it externally can keep your skin, hair, nails beautiful and strong.
There is a reason many relate to olive oil than any other oils because it comes to the natural oil that our skin produces. Thus it provides a “mucho grando” moisturizer for a dry skin especially seen in elbows, knees etc. Another reason is tricking the body into thinking that the body is producing natural oil which makes the skin rejuvenate itself making it firmed and toned both internally and externally.
- One of the best and preferred natural oils that helps you not externally but internally too
- Works inside and outside for giving you the best skin and best body possible
- Repairs dead cells and renovates your skin blemish free
- Contains irreplacable minerals and vitamins that benefit your skin.
Healthy tip: take a tbsp of olive oil, honey and egg yolk. Blend it, apply on face and let it for 15-20 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water. You can feel the difference within minutes. This makes a great home made mask for your face.
- Argan oil
Often termed as “liquid gold”, Argan oil is grown abundantly in Southwestern Morocco. Do you know that Moroccon goats literally climb the tree to grab the Argan fruit. Now here comes the interesting part. During the olden days, people who manufactured argan oil used to take the poopoo of goats (yikesss…!!!) and look for argan seeds that stay undigested (no pun intended here). However, it is not how it works today.
Its time to clean up your dressing cabinets and get rid of unwanted skin products. One of the best benefits of Argan oil is using it for your skin. A completely body moisturizer in all ways, you will get the exact feel of body lotion/cream when you apply argan oil on your body. Take the desired amount and apply right after you step out of shower to get the best benefit of moisturizing. If your nails are brittle, apply them on the cuticles for strengthening the nails. When massaged to the face, it gives you a clear and fresh looking skin and nourishes your skin completely from inside.
- A complete oil that purifies your skin while giving you a whole new look
- Reduces stretch marks, scars when regularly used
- Strengthens the nails, revitalises the hair while leaving your skin moisturized
- Best recommended for people with dry skins as the flaky skin will be rejuvenated completely.
Healthy tip: Prevent stretch marks by massaging it to your belly and thighs. This will prevent appearance of stretch marks as well as heal them completely.
- Brazil nut oil
Bertholletia excelsa, the parent of brazil nuts originate in South America where they keep their baby brazil nut protected in a dark brown shell to protect them from rodents that come to eat the seeds. Yes, Brazil nut is actually a seed unlike its name.
With high flavor and a rich creamy taste, the Brazil nut are a treat for nutfanatics. Do you know that it grows upto 165 feet in the Amazon jungle. Brazil nuts contain active selenium, possess antioxidants that makes an active enzyme for your thyroid.
Apart from a whole lot of benefits for health such as immunity resistance, treating GI disorders, controlling hunger attacks, fighting cancer and many more, it also helps in delivering natural glow to your skin. Yes, the glutathione in the brazil nut prevents any free radicals from entering the skin thereby protecting the skin’s natural elasticity. It also helps in treating acne by reducing the skin’s inflammation and fighting off premature aging. Brazil nut contains vitamins A and E that when in the form of oil can be massaged directly to the skin. Doing this will reduce any infections visible in the skin while adding glow to your complexion.
- Inhibits entry of free radicals keeping your skin pores intact and firm
- Reduces inflammation thereby preventing pimples and oily skin
- No more infections especially in sensitive skin
- Reduced wrinkles, dark circles when used daily.
Healthy tip: take a required amount of brazil nut oil and apply on the areas where wrinkles appear. Keep it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it off. The result is an firm elastic skin that is much softer and toned. Regular usage will reduce the fine lines, wrinkles thereby preventing premature aging.
Bottomline: Staying natural and opting for herbal remedies that do not give you any side effects can definitely help to keep your skin healthy forever. It is also vital to stay healthy and keep away from junk foods that lay a platfrom for pimples or wrinkles. With a tinge of motivation, you can create natural remedies for skin. These oils will keep your skin free from any blemishes, pimples or wrinkles and I promise you that your life will move to betterment.