Aloe vera health benefits are not unknown to us. Since ages we have known how good Aloe Vera is for Face and Skin Problems. Nature is a mystery and can work in unpredictable ways to give you myriad benefits. If you are wondering how Aloe Vera will benefit your body, then here is an article that will give you good insights on how Aloe Vera works towards betterment of one’s health.
Aloe Vera is always a natural and powerful acne treatment. Buy Acne-Prone7-Piece Trial Gift Collection which has potent ingredients specifically formulated to combat all types of skin by controlling inflammation, excessive oil and destroying acne-causing bacteria.
Aloe Vera the Wonder plant
Aloe Vera is definitely a” Wonder Plant”. It only grows through cultivation. It is short stemmed shrub. Aloe Vera plant is anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral. Aloe Vera has become the most used plant in herbal cosmetics and medicines. Have you ever wondered from where this miracle plant came from? How all of a sudden became so popular in the Ayurvedic, Herbal and Medical world? I was shocked to learn that there have been mentions of the Aloe plant in the Rig Veda, which is the earliest book of natural medicine dating back to BC 4,500. Aloe Vera also known as “Plant immortality” by ancient Egyptians, was used for a lot of healing properties from many centuries. It is also found that it flourished mostly in warm tropical places and sub tropical regions. Africa is one of the lucky countries were you will find the largest home for this Aloe Vera plant. Many of them have taken this plant to grow in other lands and it adapts so well. Aloe Vera grows well in Green houses too.
What does aloe Vera contain?
- 20 minerals
- 12 vitamins
- 18 amino acids
- 200 active plant compounds (phytonutrients)
- Triterpenes (a phytonutrient that lowers blood sugar)
- Glyconutrients & glycoproteins
- Acemannan, mannose-6-phosphate polymannans
- Phenolic glycosides
About Aloe Vera health benefits in a glance
Among the many aloe vera health benefits provided by this wonder plant, I am listing a few FYI.
- Halts cancer growth
- Lowers high cholesterol.
- Repairs “sludge blood’ and reverses “sticky blood”.
- Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
- Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
- Protects the body from oxidative stress.
- Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
- Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits. Cures ulcers, IBS, Cohn’s disease and other digestive disorders.
- Reduces high blood pressure naturally, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
- Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glycol nutrients.
- Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
- Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
- Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
- Ends constipation.
- Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
- Prevents and treats Candida infections.
- Protects the kidneys from disease.
- Functions as nature’s own “sports drink” for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
- Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
- Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
- Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Aloe Vera health benefits – “The Miracle Plant” for your body
Aloe Vera is FDA approved. So it is clear that Aloe Vera has all the medicinal properties that have been attributed to it as it has cured many illnesses. It is high in Vitamins and Minerals.
Here are some of the Aloe Vera health benefits you must know.
- Abscesses: Abscesses may occur due to unhealthy nutritional choices. It is also due to poor hygiene. Pure Aloe Vera gel is shown to be very effective in eliminating abscesses.
- Acidosis: Acidosis means an over acidic body. This can be traced back to years of malnutrition and stress .The benefits of Aloe Vera play a significant role in maintaining a healthy internal system.
- Acne: Among the top list of Aloe Vera health benefits is getting rid of acne. The main causes of Acne are hormonal imbalances and impaired excretion of toxins. These toxins are excreted through skin. They can become clogged and infected. It occurs in all ages. Applying aloe Vera gels on the affected area will double the effect of reducing it.
- Aids & HIV: There is no significant cure for Aids and HIV but a research study has confirmed significant increase in T- cells after regular intake of pure Aloe Vera juice.
- Allergies: For many people I know, it’s almost a part of everyday life. Skin rashes, runny nose, itchy eyes are some of the allergies people experience commonly. The mucus membranes start to swell up making sufferers miserable. Drinking pure Aloe Vera juice has helped in many cases because it harmonizes the immune system and has a soothing effect.
- Anemia: Cure for Anemia is on the hitlist of aloe vera health benefits. It is certainly a deficiency disease where decrease in red blood cells is noticed. If oxygen intake decreases it can lead to complications of the heart. One could experience headaches, rapid fatigue, ringing in the ears, numbness of the limbs and insomnia if oxygen level decreases in the brain. Intake of pure Aloe Vera gel or juice supports in creating a balance on health.
- Arthritis: Arthritis a common chronic joint condition, affecting the cartilage, ligaments and bone starts out silently but will be very painful hindering the quality of life without any doubt. Drinking Aloe Vera juice daily has shown a lot of improvement.
- Athlete’s Foot: It consists of itchy blisters or scaly skin between toes. For cure, massage the affected area several times a day with pure Aloe Vera gel. Aloe Vera gel contains natural and anti fungal properties.
- Body odor: Our skin is constantly releasing body toxins that give rise to unpleasant odors. Drinking pure Aloe Vera gel or juices controls the unpleasant odor.
- Burns: The long known benefits of Aloe Vera are that of speedy wound healing. Pure Aloe Vera has proven itself particularly beneficial for burns, sunburns and open skin wounds.
- Candida Abacas: A lot of body toxins can block the immune functions of the gut flora leading to a fungal infection of the intestinal mucosa. Having pure Aloe Vera juice detoxifies the body.
- Cancer: The benefits of Aloe Vera may even help cancer patients. Aloe Vera juice is recommended for cancer patients as the intake protects the body from radiation poisoning due to chemotherapy. It is not recognized by FDA but a few doctors recommend this and it has helped patients.
- Great Laxative: Poor constipation occurs with poor diet and lack of fluids. Stress, lack of exercise and intake of some medicines are other factors. Having Pure Aloe Vera gel or juice improves metabolism and makes your stomach at ease.
- Diarrhea: Persisting diarrhea can destroy the entire intestinal flora and it can become really dangerous for health. Taking Aloe Vera juice restores the digestive system functioning.
- Diabetes: This disease causes a high level of sugar in the blood stream leading to severe dysfunction of various organs. Intake of Aloe Vera juice by patients on a daily basis has reduced their insulin requirements.
- Gout: It’s a painful illness that attacks the joints. Regular consumption of this miracle drink can be very beneficial in balancing Uric acid.
- Herpes: Applying pure Aloe Vera into the affected area can provide relief due to its antibacterial and anti astringent properties. Drinking of the juice can clear the gastrointestinal tract.
- Liver disease: Body detoxification is definitely recommended for proper functioning of the liver. Having Aloe Vera juice everyday neutralizes toxins.
- Pancreatitis: overloading with alcohol, nicotine and wrong food can cause digestive system to be abused. Drinking pure Aloe Vera juice has a stimulating effect on pancreas, thyroid and the adrenal cortex.
- Lowers Cholesterol: When used internally aloe Vera gel improves the quality of the blood and helps rebalance the blood in the body to reduce cholesterol levels.
- Dental cure: Applying the Aloe gel around the affected area can cause immediate relief. Also drinking the juice can keep your mouth healthy.
- Heart diseases: Drinking Aloe Vera Juice and making it a regular part of your diet will reduce the risk of any artery blockages.
- Eye Drops: Aloe Vera is used as eye drops for a variety of eye diseases. Extract of ethanol or tincture, of Aloe Vera can be used to treat eye ailments and ailments in cornea.
- Saves Humans from severe hemorrhage: Having aloe Vera gel turns, sludgy, oxygen depleted blood into smooth flowing oxygen rich blood. It’s been used to cure soldiers who are badly wounded in battlefield
Aloe Vera Skin Benefits
- Legendary healing properties repair skin problems such as eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Apply to cuts, sores, boils and other skin infections to take advantage of its antibacterial healing properties
- Rub the inner sides of a cut leaf on skin for a biodegradable shower scrub. Exfoliate dry skin by mixing two TBS each Aloe Vera gel and organic brown sugar with two tsp lemon juice
- For a more vigorous scrub, mix one cup each of Aloe gel and coconut oil with two cups sea salt and two TBS raw honey
- Mix equal parts of Aloe gel with lemon juice to decrease freckles, dark spots and brighten skin
- Apply straight Aloe Vera gel to skin to eliminate warts, reduce age lines, remove scars and stretch marks
- Moisturize skin and remove eye makeup with Aloe gel
- Relieve itching from allergies and rashes; soothe burns, poison ivy, and blisters
- Heal herpes orally and genitally; relieve athlete’s foot and topical yeast infections
- Exfoliate feet, knees and elbows with a mixture of 1/2 cup each oatmeal and organic corn meal, four TBS Aloe Vera gel, and 1/2 cup coconut oil.
- Make a kitchen mixture to treat minor burns by mixing 1/4 cup each Aloe Vera gel and non-alcoholic liquid Calendula with a few drops of vitamin E oil. Store in an airtight jar in the cupboard.
- Stimulate hair growth by applying Aloe gel to scalp after washing. Leave on for 30 minutes and rinse. Tame frizzy hair by rinsing after shampooing with aloe juice
- Replace shaving cream and use Aloe Vera gel; soothe razor burn
Internal uses for Aloe Vera
- Drink Aloe juice to relieve indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux, bloating, flatulence, peptic ulcers and constipation
- Apply externally and drink juice to relieve hemorrhoids
- Soothe IBS, colitis, and other ailments of the colon Eliminate UTI and prostate problems by drinking Aloe Vera. Use as a personal lubricant; it’s pH balanced and condom-safe
- Add to your douche for vaginal irritations and yeast infections
- Aloe reduces inflammation throughout the body, especially in the joints and muscles, and restores tissue to its original state. Stabilizes blood sugar; reduces triglycerides· Relieves diabetic and peripheral neuropathy
- Swish and gargle to promote healthy gums and mouth.
- Add aloe leaves to hot water and boil, inhaling steam to relieve chest congestion, asthma, and sinus problems
- Helps activate white blood cells and promotes the growth of healthy, non-cancerous cells in cancer patients
- Oxygenates the blood and promotes healthy circulatory system, strengthening the heart
- Drinking aloe juice is an excellent general detoxifier for the entire system that helps establish a healthy, alkaline pH
- Good for weight loss as it improves your digestion and detoxifies the body promoting weight loss.
Aloe Vera in cosmetic industryApart from Aloe vera health benefits, many brands use Aloe Vera Gel for cosmetic purposes. How much of it is used is not really known. One has to carefully choose skincare products with an Aloe Vera base. If you have an Aloe Vera plant at home or in your garden, you can cut off a leaf squeeze out the gel and apply it on face and body. I can assure you that once you start treating your face and skin with pure Aloe Vera gel, you will notice amazing changes.
When applied in rashes with redness, you will see in a few days that you have a beautiful skin. It reduces sunburn when applied. Aloe Vera has also been successful in treating psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. Even men are considering pure gel as a daily after shave. Having Aloe Vera cools down the skin and heals cuts. The benefits of Aloe Vera shouldn’t be left unmentioned when it comes to treating our hair and scalp. It gives hair shine and body. It also strengthens the structure and regenerates hair and scalp. In addition aloe stimulates healthy hair growth and is helpful in fighting off dandruff. Today the skin seems to age faster due to harmful rays and environmental influences. Premature aging can be due to emotional stress. Drinking Aloe Vera juice daily will eliminate body toxins which have been the leading cause of aging. Applying natural aloe gel and applying natural aloe products on to the skin will moisten and give the skin a healthy glow. Skin is also a vital organ so we must take care of it really well. I personally use Aloe Vera cleanser, gel and honey cream. It works better than many expensive branded products.
Ways to Use Aloe Vera
- Pamper yourself to a soothing body rub. Slice aloe leaves lengthwise and use the inner sides as a biodegradable body scrub in the shower.
- Treat burns from minor mishaps in the kitchen from grease splatters or hot utensils.
- For more major kitchen mishaps like a scald, mix some aloe gel and vitamin E oil into a little jar for a homemade burn healer.
- Banish black and blue bruises.
- Soothe and heal sunburns the feel-good way. Aloe contains cooling properties similar to menthol.
- Take the sting or itch out of insect bites.
- Reduce tissue damage from frostbite.
- Alleviate mysterious rashes.
- Make feet baby soft with an exfoliating foot mask by mixing together a half cup of oatmeal, a half cup of corn meal, four tbsp. of aloe Vera gel and a half cup of unscented body lotion.
- Help heal herpes outbreaks.
- Fight Athlete’s Foot.
- Swab over blisters for quick relief.
- Use as an antidote to allergic skin reactions.
- Replace creams and lotions as a general moisturizer for dry skin. Aloe is fast absorbing!
- Prevent pesky pimples and treat acne.
- Soothe Psoriasis.
- Prevent scarring and stretch marks.
- Help rid of Resaca.
- Shrink warts.
- Reverse signs of aging skin and wrinkles. Cleopatra did!
- Help eliminate Eczema.
- Brighten skin. Aloe can decrease pigmentation and dark spots.
- Make skin new again with an exfoliating, organic sugar scrub by mixing together two tbsp. of aloe Vera, 2 tbsp. of organic brown sugar and 1 tsp. of organic lemon juice.
- For rougher patches mix together an organic salt skin scrub using two cups of sea salt, one cup of aloe Vera, one cup of organic coconut oil and two tbsp. of local, organic honey.
- Speed up hair growth by massaging aloe into the scalp, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and rinsing.
- Reduce hair dandruff by mixing aloe Vera juice with coconut milk and wheat germ oil. Massage into scalp and rinse.
- Replace aloe with conditioner for silkier, smoother hair.
- Remove eye makeup.
- Treat minor vaginal irritations.
- Drink aloe Vera juice to relieve gastrointestinal disorders like indigestion.
- Sip it to aid in elimination. Many times, it’s recommended for its laxative effects.
- Take a swig to reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome including bloating and discomfort.
- Take aloe orally to relieve heartburn, arthritis and rheumatism pain.
- Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to alleviate asthma.
- Drink to lower blood sugar levels—especially for diabetics.
- Strengthen gums and promote strong, healthy teeth by taking orally or use toothpaste with aloe Vera ingredients.
- Drink to help ease congestion, stomach ulcers, colitis, hemorrhoids, urinary tract infections and prostate problems.
- Take orally to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for a healthy heart.
- Sip to minimize inflammation and infection of the eye and ear.
- Toast to its general detoxification and health boosting qualities!
Side effects of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera side effects are very few and mostly related to individuals who are more allergy prone to the plant. The disadvantage of applying the Aloe Vera gel may cause redness or stinging rashes for people with sensitive skin. When consumed orally, Aloe Vera may cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea or increased constipation or urine shows red tint. Pregnant women should not take the Aloe juice as potassium level increases causing contractions. Taking Aloe Vera juice long term as laxative has been proven to have cancer traces.
There are plenty of Aloe Vera products in the market today. From toiletries to nutritional supplements, many Aloe Vera products are available. Aloe Vera products are really famous. Cosmetics are also very much in demand. From my experience, the benefits of this amazing plant is endless. Aloe Vera, the miracle plant is our super food. When Aloe Vera has such incredible properties to heal illness what more are we searching for?