Essential oils are often related to aromatherapy. It is not widely known that these essential oils can be an essential part of the life and that they have multiple uses other than just being an ingredient in aromatherapy. All the medicinal properties of the essential oils are in effect only when it is authentic. It is affordable to the common man when it is easily available and at an economical price.
While the essential oils are popularly available in the online stores, the price could be a jinx for many. The essential oil company Basic Purity offers a few authentic and pure essential oils at an affordable price. Moreover, they let you make your own essential oil blend to use for various skin care regimes and treatments.
Basic Purity Essential Oil varieties and benefits
- Lavender Essential oil is mainly extracted from the flowers. This oil has calming effects in the body and mind. It relaxes the muscles and nervous system. Lavender oil promotes sleep and can be a quick cure for insomnia. It relieves stress and anxiety, cures acne with the antibacterial property, treats respiratory problems and can repel bugs including the head lice. You can add this essential oil to anything for topical application. It helps improve the blood circulation and lowers the blood pressure. Applying this essential oil through carrier oil or using it in skin care products would also help in repelling mosquitoes and moths.
- Tea Tree essential oil is known for its antibacterial property which makes it a popular ingredient in anti-acne preparations. It can not only relieve acne and pimples but can also lighten the scars and erase blemishes. Tea tree oil is an excellent cure for blackheads, wounds and skin infections like eczema or psoriasis. It can calm the itching and can treat fungal infections as well. The oil has deodorizing effects and can also purify the air by using it in candle making. It has insecticide effects as well. It can be used for oral health as it can relieve sore throat and bad breath.
- Rosemary essential oil is taken from the leaves of the rosemary plant. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and even expectorant properties. It is good for swellings and pain, to reduce acne and for wound healing. Rubbing a bit of this essential oil on the stomach could aid in balancing digestion and can relieve many of the digestive related issues. It can reduce joint pain, improve blood circulation, cure headaches, a good remedy for respiratory issues, common cold and flu etc. It can lower stress, fight body odor and fight bad breath by rinsing the mouth with a diluted solution. Topical application can reduce signs of aging and can enhance hair growth. Rosemary essential oil is also known to be a natural insect repellent.
- Bergamot essential oil has anti-depressant and stimulating effects. It improves blood circulation, can cure as well as prevent infections, reduce pain by affecting the nerves, is a relaxant and has a mild sedative effect just to relax the muscles and nerves. For the skin, it can reduce marks and spots, even out the skin tone and can reduce scars. It has disinfectant effects and can also be a deodorant. Bergamot essential oil lowers the body temperature by promoting sweating, which in turn helps with eliminating skin toxins. It can promote wound healing and reduce cramps or convulsions with its muscle relaxing property.
- Rose essential oil is an anti-depressant. Its anti-inflammatory property makes it ideal for treating infections, rheumatism, gout etc. It can increase wound healing as it is an antiseptic. The anti-spasmodic effect helps reduce cramps and muscle pain. The aroma has aphrodisiac effects. The oil has the astringent property that tightens the skin pores and tones the skin, muscles, intestine, and blood vessels. Applying on the skin can reduce acne, stretch marks, cracks etc. It neutralizes the toxins and purifies the blood. It helps maintain liver health, reduce bleeding and menstrual symptoms.
- Lemon essential oil has stimulating and calming effects. The diluted oil can be used as a body cleanser to clean the essential organ systems. It has insect repelling effects. Lemon essential oil stimulates the immune system of the body and improves blood circulation. It can soothe sore throat, soften the nail cuticles to improve the nail health. The aroma of the oil can clear the nasal passages. It has astringent property on the skin, reduces excess oil production, brightens the skin tone and can detoxify it. This oil is also useful for treating Candida infections. It can even be used as an all-purpose cleaner or in addition to the laundry detergent.
- Geranium essential oil has been in use since ancient time as an anti-inflammatory agent, treating acne, reduces anxiety, balancing the hormones etc. It has the astringent property that tightens the skin and reduces wrinkle formation. It acts as a muscle toner, antibacterial agent to prevent infections. Geranium essential oil speeds up the healing process and can also prevent hemorrhoids. This oil acts as a deodorant by being circulatory oil that is expelled with sweat. It prevents the sweat odor. It can cure acne and other skin disorders as well. Geranium essential oil can also be a nerve painkiller that is particularly effective against shingles pain. It is good for cognitive health and also as an insect repellent.
- Vetiver essential oil has calming and cooling effects. It relieves pain and inflammations. It can reduce scars and marks on the skin by promoting new cell generation. Vetiver essential oil can prevent bacterial growth and infections. It is found to have a higher action against the dangerous Staph bacteria. It can be a tonic for the whole body. This oil can boost the immune system and keep the metabolic system in order. It relieves insomnia and prevents nervous disorders. This essential oil is also beneficial for the emotional health. It is effective as an anti-anxiety agent that helps those with ADHD. It is also one of the chief essential oils that repel termites.
- Jasmine essential oil is mainly a mood enhancer and stress buster. The fine fragrance of the oil is soothing and calming the nerves. The essential oil extracted from the flowers. It relieves depression and can stimulate hormone production in the body. It has the antiseptic property that reduces infections. The can relieve coughs and cold. The oil can help fade the scars and that of the fat cracks. It clears the phlegm. It can cure insomnia with the mild sedative effects. In the skincare, it is useful in treating dry skin, eczema, dermatitis etc. It relaxes the spasms and prevents tumor formation in the uterus.
- Cypress essential oil is a diuretic that promotes the elimination of toxins from the body. On the medicinal side, it has wound healing and infection reducing properties. It can block the growth of bacteria that causes infections that are helpful against common infections, acne, pimples skin eruption etc. This oil helps with the spasms and is mainly useful for restless legs. It clears congestion in the respiratory system, improves blood flow, relieves anxiety, acts as a natural deodorant and can reduce the appearance of cellulite. It is good for liver health as it regulates the bile flow. Cypress oil is also a stress reliever and can pacify people.
- Sandalwood essential oil is an excellent antiseptic. It is also a cooling agent to soothe the inflamed skin. It clams the acne and the inflammations in other organ systems as well. Sandalwood oil can reduce the acne scars and skin spots. It relaxes the spasms, muscles, and nerves. It has the diuretic property that promotes urination as well as reduces inflammations in the urinary system. The fragrance of the oil keeps the microbes away that it is used widely in cosmetic preparations. It has mild sedative effects due to its relaxing property. It can act as a health tonic to soothe the digestive system.
- Roman Chamomile essential oil is a popular anti-depressant and anti-anxiety remedy. It has sedative effects to calm the nerves and muscles. It is effective against skin irritations that are associated with allergies. This oil soothes MS, cures insomnia and supports the digestive system. For the skin, it is curing the wounds and acne as well as other common skin disorders. It boosts the overall skin health. It is good for heart health and can relieve arthritic pain as well. This essential oil is gentle enough to use even for children. It can be used as a colic natural remedy as well as to calm those with ADHD.
- Orange essential oil is mood uplifting that makes you feel relaxed and alert at the same time. It makes you happy, calm and at peace. It has slight sedative effect as well. Orange essential oil can curb chronic inflammations, swelling, and pain. It reduces muscle spasms and abnormal nerve stimulation. The carminative effect of orange oil reduces digestive disorders. It has diuretic effects that expel the toxins from the body by excess urine production. It is an aphrodisiac, antiseptic and also a health tonic. This oil essential oil is a cleanser that can reduce acne formation. It improves oral health by curing bad breath, inflammations, and infections.
- Frankincense essential oil can reduce stress, negative emotions, and heart rate. It boosts the immune system and reduces the chances of diseases and illnesses. It is a disinfectant that can inhibit bacterial growth. This oil reduces the common cold and flu-causing microbes. For skin, it helps heal wounds faster. It can reduce signs of aging. Frankincense essential oil fades scars and stretch marks. It can balance hormones and improve memory. It can be a digestive as well as sleeping aid.
Basic Purity Carrier Oils
Carrier oils are the oils that are used to mix the essential oils with. Without the carrier oil, the essential oils could evaporate and gets over really fast. It is also the way of getting these oils into the skin by the deep penetrating effects of the carrier oils. Moreover, the carrier oils are diluting the essential oils which are harmful when used in higher concentrations.
To make your task of getting the essential oils and the suitable carrier oils, Basic Purity has 3 types of carrier oils at their store.
- Avocado carrier oil: Avocado oil has a fatty acid palmitoleic acid that is similar to that of the fatty acid in the skin. This similarity allows quicker absorption of the oil. It is nourishing to the skin and can prevent skin aging the various components of this oil have anti-inflammatory property, antioxidants in them and contain other nutrients as well. It is good for skin problems like psoriasis, eczema etc. The viscosity if the oil makes it ideal for massaging as well. Many of the essential oils can be mixed with this avocado oil and can be used for various purposes.
- Sweet Almond carrier oil: Sweet almond oil is rich in antioxidants. It contains vitamin E that can nourish and repair the skin cells. It has cell regenerative property that promotes new cell growth. This oil can cure the damaging effects of sun, soothe inflammations and relieve irritated skin. It can reduce wrinkle formation and smoothen the skin texture. This oil is light and gets quickly absorbed by the skin. It is non-greasy and can be left in the skin after the massage. It has a sweet aroma with medium consistency. Almond oil can resist oxidization and does not get spoiled very easily. This oil makes a longer shelf life when mixed with essential oils.
- Jojoba Carrier oil is a medium constancy, non-greasy oil with a nutty aroma. It has high absorption rate and is good for the skin. Jojoba carrier oil is moisturizing for the skin with plenty of omega-9-fatty acids. It has anti-fungal property. When mixed with a proper anti-fungal essential oil, it can be used for topical application for fungal infections. It can resist oxidization for a longer shelf life. It can be a cleanser, moisturizer for cracked heels, protect the skin from sunburn and reduce inflammations.