Nature is completely stacked with herbs and flavors which might be utilized for different purposes to deal with all the health issues. These strategies were utilized by ancient people everywhere throughout the world as of not long ago our eras began depending on substances based on chemicals. Utilizing regular cures like medicinal teas is useful for our wellbeing as it serves to forestall health issues without any symptoms.
Making a therapeutic tea is extremely easy as you can get all the fixings at your own pantry or your garden. Those who love to deal with their day to day health problems can rely on medicinal teas for improving body and mind health. Whether you are down with fever or feeling low, sip on these, nature bestowed medicinal remedies to get over with your problems.
5 medicinal teas which can benefit you in many ways
Mint is very a refreshing herb which is loved by most of the people around the world. Mint tea is a perfect blend of freshness and aroma which instantly makes a person feel full of life and vigor. Mint is easy to be grown and spreads across the garden, if it finds the environment suitable. The active component of mint is menthol which has certain healing properties which helps to relieve from many ailments.
Health benefits of mint tea
- Helps to get relief from congestion due to cold or flu.
- Prevents bloating and stomach aches.
- Promotes healthy digestive system
- Acts as a Natural body cooler
- Health tonic during fever
- Helps to get rid of nausea and vomiting
Mint tea recipe
Ingredients: 2 tbsp of fresh mint leaves, normal tea bags, water and jaggery
Wash mint leaves properly and put them in a tea pan along with water to boil for few minutes. When the water starts turning green in colour, along with a strong aroma coming out, add jaggery according to your sweetness level. Now dip a tea bag of your choice into the hot water and allow it to mix for some time. Your mint tea is ready. Alternatively you can use milk and sugar if you don’t like the idea of using jaggery.
Tulsi tea (holy basil)
Holy basil or Tulsi is a native plant to the Indian sub-continent which has been used and cultivated for over 5000 years. This plant is considered as very auspicious and has been used a medicinal remedy for many health issues. Ayurveda medicines mostly contain this plant as a major component in most of its products and many research studies are there to support its claims for its healing powers. Tulsi tea is a great infusion which is totally caffeine free unlike other teas and it contains many essential vitamins and minerals in plenty.
Health benefits of Tulsi tea
- Helps to reduce stress as it is a great adaptogen
- This tea is an immune system booster as well as a good remedy for lack of sleep
- Help to maintain eyes sight and healthy metabolism.
- Helps to improve stamina and sorts out digestive disorders
- Help to get rid of bad breath and gum diseases.
- Promote cardio health by lowering cholesterol levels.
- Good tonic during cold and flu.
No Diets, No Drugs. Lower Cholesterol Naturally
Tulsi tea recipe
Ingredients: 1 tablespoon lemon juice, honey and Tulsi leave’s (20 to 25)
Instructions – boil Tulsi leaves in water for few minutes until the aroma comes out. Strain the liquid and add lemon juice along with some honey according to your taste. (Note: add honey only when the tea is lukewarm else you can add some sugar or jaggery as per your taste).
What is more relishing than a cup of brewed ginger tea when down with fever or cold? Most of us turn our heads to this tea only when we catch some fever or ailment, but having this tea otherwise once in a while can offer you many health benefits.
Health benefits of ginger tea
- Helps to prevent constipation and digestive disorders
- Want to get rid of nausea then drink this tea.
- Helps to fight against fever chills
- Induces sweating in patients, suffering from fever and throat infections
- Helps to get relief from sore throat and infections.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory drug.
Ginger tea recipe
Ingredients: 3 tbspn fresh ginger roots, jaggery, 1 tspn coffee powder and quarter tbspn pepper powder
Instructions: Boil minced ginger and pepper powder in two cups of water. Allow it to brew for some time until the extracts are released into the water. Once the brewing is done, add coffee powder and jaggery according to your taste. Serve warm.
Cinnamon is a powerful spice added in most of the dishes around the Asian continent. It not only adds spicy flavor to a dish but also give profound health benefits and an all-around remedy for most of the health problems.
Health benefits of cinnamon tea:
- Helps to improve blood circulation
- Prevents nausea and vomiting
- An effective remedy for bloating and gas formation
- Helps to prevent indigestion
- Maintains the body temperature
Cinnamon tea recipe
Ingredients: 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tea bag, honey and milk
Instructions – add cinnamon powder in water and boil for 10 minutes. Add the tea bag and boil again for two minutes, when lukewarm add honey and milk as per your taste levels.
Cilantro is also known as coriander and is one of the culinary herbs which help to add nice aroma to most of the dishes. This herb is rich in phytonutrients, flavonoids and phenolic acid.
Health benefits of cilantro leaf tea
- Helps to fight against indigestion
- Prevent urinary tract infections and headaches
- Helps to lower cholesterol and protect cardio health
- A good drug for diabetic patients
- Supports and relieves arthritis pain as it fights against inflammation.
- Help to heal wounds and fights infections caused by bacteria and fungi.
Cilantro leaf tea recipe
Ingredients: water and 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaf
Instructions – add cilantro leaves and two cups of water and allow boiling with a lid closed. Brew it well and strain the liquid. You can add sugar, if you want it sweet.
Medicinal teas are extremely advantageous for our wellbeing and a serene mind. The sweet smell which comes out of them is not only alleviating for our senses but also natural refreshment for stressed out minds. Mother Nature has bestowed us with secret ingredients in her green garden which help us to unleash our full potential by preventing many ailments, so it is our duty to make best possible use of these in our daily lives.
Food, Fashion, Shopping, and Music. It almost always fills my day and Life too. I shuttle between Malaysia and Kerala, India, every other month. I love to write casually. It’s almost always about gossips, food, and Fashion. Looking for the latest concealer, foundation, Toner or any other cosmetics, You know whom to ask. I have tried the best of cuisine Kerala and malaysia has to offer and am not shy to eat away with swag.