Stress is a major concern in our modern material society. It is hard to eliminate it completely as short term stress is needed for the development of the person. It is the prolonged version which is the devil and this can be combated with a healthy lifestyle. Foods consumed play a huge role in dealing with stress and here I would like to give you ten absolute stress buster foods.
Get Your Mood Back
Mood Effex All Natural Stress & Anxiety Relief Learn More Start seeing results today.Get that Happy vibe back.
- Oats: Oats is a wonder food which has an array of interesting effects on a human body. Oats is a complex carb that helps in the release of serotonin which is a feel good hormone and is the one which is released when the body is feeling good and relaxed. Anti-depressants cause the same effect by prompting the release of serotonin which helps in combating depression.
- Ginger: Ginger is a natural component with many features which includes its pain relief characters which can get rid of all the stress related headaches which adds to the discomfort caused due to the stress. Ginger is also known for its anti-oxidant qualities which help in the removal of free radicals which is essential as it has the potential to trigger the inception of diseases.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is another wonder food which gives that essential stress relief through its unique combination of nutrients. Depression is attributed to the low levels of folic acid and asparagus replenishes it with its nutrients collection thereby giving that relief from stress. Asparagus is good source of tryptophan which is an amino acid which contributes to the production of serotonin which is a feel-good hormone. Serotonin checks the release of stress hormones which has a huge impact on making us relax.
- Avocados: Avocados are surprisingly huge repository of potassium more than the main potassium center ‘Banana’. Increased potassium intake will result in the controlling of blood pressure which is a major factor when experiencing stress. Avocados are high in calories and it is necessary that the right balance is maintained through proper workout. It is also high in vitamin B as stress can also be experienced if there is a reduction in vitamin B. Avocados are an extremely potent stress buster food with its multiple levels combating of stress.
- Almonds: Selenium is a mineral which is very crucial for the controlling of depression, fatigue and anxiety. Nuts in particular are high repositories of selenium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin E, which all help in the boosting of the immune system. Nuts are also high in calories therefore a handful of nuts per day are suggested as normal. Almost all the forms of nuts are rich in selenium which makes it the perfect booster away from stress and anxiety.
- Oranges: Oranges are tanks of stored vitamin C which is the ultimate immune system booster and also is a great resistant of cortisol which is the prime stress hormone released through the body. Vitamin C is a major mineral which fights stress and helps in giving a refreshed feel to the body. Oranges also help in regulating the blood pressure which is a prime symptom of stress.
- Spinach: Spinach is already one of the powerful ingredients in every diet around the globe. This is because of its humongous collection of micronutrients like vitamin A, C, K and its collection of essential minerals like manganese and iron. The vitamin C present in spinach controls the release of cortisol which is a stress hormone and also triggers the release of serotonin which then controls the blood pressure and regulates its pressure.
- Milk: Milk is a very effective anti-oxidant with high stocks of Vitamins B2 and B12. Milk is also high in protein and calcium which is necessary for that boost of energy through the body when had. It relaxes the blood pressure and the potassium content relaxes the muscles that experiences tension because of the stress.
- Blueberries: Blueberries is a giant repository of antioxidant known as anthocyanin and is also rich in vitamin C which is a crucial element in combating stress. Blueberries help in restraining cortisol which is a stress hormone and also helps in relaxing. It help in the relaxing of the body which contributes to the release of endorphins and serotonin which as explained are the feel good hormones.
- Salmon and Tuna: Omega 3 fatty acid is one crucial element when it comes to the controlling of stress hormones. Salmon and Tuna are powerhouses which has high repository of Omega 3 Fatty acids which is a major ingredient for controlling the cholesterol. Omega 3 fatty acids help in keeping the heart healthy and also in the releasing of the serotonin which is a feel good hormone as it ultimately relaxes the blood pressure and also relaxes the muscle spasms after tense situations. It is suggested to take a dosage of 4 ounces for at least three times a week can do wonders for protecting the functioning of the heart.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is another wonder food when it comes to dealing with stress and consequences of depression. Broccoli has a large content of vitamin C and A and also acts as an anti-oxidant. It helps to clear the free radicals which can prove to be harmful in longer runs. It also helps in the release of feel good hormones which relaxes the body. The ideal way of its preparation would be steaming rather than boiling as that will reduce the nutrients level in it. Broccoli is also filled with folic acid which results in the release of serotonin which is a feel good hormone which relaxes the muscles and the pressure of the blood stream.
Stress is major threat to all the people living in this modern civilization. As stress is there in every phase of life and it is necessary that it should be kept under check. Researches have proven that long term stress has a very bad influence on health as it increases the deposit of free radicals which can be toxic for the system. These are some foods which can be used for controlling the effects of stress and the possibility of developing depression.
I am a Practicing Doctor with over 7 years of experience. I write about healthcare and general wellbeing when i get time. Most of my articles are technical in nature and always factual. I am not so good at stories and these articles are more or less thesis and notes on what i read and understand about medicine. I live in Kerala, a tropical weather state in India which is known for its lagoons, rivers and breathtaking nature.