Gout – Homeopathic Remedies for Gouty Arthritis – Causes, Symptoms
Gout is a condition that is resulted from the excess uric acid in the blood and they migrate to joints and form crystals.
These crystals are pricky and cause pain and inflammation in the joints. The joints become tender, reddish and painful to move or touch. When there is a gout attack one has to think of a regular and long-term treatment. The treatment targets the underlying cause of gout and not just on the symptoms. A homeopathy is an approach to illness that treats a person on the whole according to his or her lifestyle, character, mental and emotional state and not just on physical symptoms. The treatments are according to the above mentioned factors, ie, two persons with gout are treated uniquely.
Homeopathy is a form of medical science that encourage the body’s own defense system to repair body, mind, and spirit in harmony and restore balance, rather than simply using the drugs to suppress symptoms. The drug is given in very small doses that would produce the same symptoms of illness in healthy people if given in larger doses. Treatment may also include dietary and routine and daily life alterations, and recommendations of vitamin and herbal supplements are made for a faster recovery. It can provide a measure of relief during painful attacks of joint pain and inflammation, and also may help to reduce the possibility of further episodes.
The drugs prepared are non-toxic and harmless. Homeopathic remedies are sold over-the-counter in many health food and specialty food stores. These remedies are labeled with the suggestions and are mostly available in the potencies of 6c or 30c. The dosage must be taken according to the symptom. The recommended usage is to take the drug and wait for any response and take another only if the improvement pause or stopped altogether. Instructions are usually printed on the label of the product purchased. There are many remedies in market and a few of them are,
Natural Remedies For Gout
Check out these natural remedies for gout.
- Arnica: This remedy is usually helpful when pain is raw and it hurts while walking. The person may be afraid to become near or being touched, for even the slightest touch can cause pain.
- Aconite: It is usually useful for gout of the feet joints and are best used in the early onset of symptoms.
- Belladonna: When a person feels restless, flushed and hot at the commencement of the pain and there is, swelling with burning intensity, this remedy is suggested. The pain worsens when touched or by jarring.
- Berberis vulgaris: Berberis is often indicated for people who have a history of kidney stones and ache all over, with twinges of pain or stitching pains that are aggravated by changing position or walking.
- Bryonia: A good remedy choice in a person whose pain makes him irritated and protective of the painful areas. The pain is distinguished as splitting in nature. The affected joints are found to be swollen and hot. The person also complains of painful and inflexible knee joints.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is indicated when the finger joints become enlarged because of gout. The knees and toes are also affected. Acute pain is experienced, and the joints may make a cracking sound on movement. The discomfort worsen during winter, and warmth or warm weather may bring relief.
- Colchicum: A gout patient suffering from painful joints that are swollen, red and hot and extremely sensitive to motion or touch are given Colchicum. The pain is often worse in the evening and at night. Individuals who need this remedy often have a feeling of internal coldness and are very tired.
- Ledum palustre: Ledum is given after Colchicum when the person feels chilled and the joint is also cold. This remedy is especially indicated when cold applications relieve both the swelling and the pain.
- Nuxvomica: Made from the seeds of Indian grown plant Strychnos nuxvomica. A gout patient having irritable stomach distress and chronic indigestion is prescribed this remedy.
Rhododendron: When the right side of the body is aching and the joints have swelling especially before a storm, Rhododendron is useful. Pain may worsen during early morning and staying in the same position for a long time. A bit of warmth and having food can make them feel better.
- Rhus toxicodendron: This remedy can be helpful for them who have hot, painful swellings and stiff joints. Symptoms worsen in cold, and moist weather and get better by heat and tender motion.
- Sulphur: People with painful itchy joints with a burning sensation in the feet are suggested to use this remedy. The knees and other joints are affected. Problems are forced by heat in any form, and often gets worse in moist weather and during springtime.
The Name is Rajeev. I go by a lot of pseudo names because I just like to have fun. Like Shakespeare once said, “what’s in a Name?” or was is Shakespeare? I love to read. Mostly fiction. I am probably the most unromantic person you could ever meet. Loner, Claustrophobic and often mute! I love to sit on my porch, read a book while it’s raining. I live in a farm surrounded by creatures and my best friend is a dog named Happy. I have worked in the IT industry for the past 20 years. I have been writing a book since the past 6 which i doubt will be complete anywhere in this century! I love to design websites and fantasize being a Hacker or nerd!