Does that sound familiar? Have you gone through such instances? Well, you are not alone. I recently came across an article where the guy said that he went through a week of detox to get rid of cigarettes. Though it was the second time he did that, he is happy that he got to do it again and hoping to stay away from smoking, forever.
What Exactly Happens During Detox?
Detoxification is what happens when you do the detox. Toxins can be of many types. These toxins accumulate inside the body in many parts of the blood, liver, skin, muscles, fat etc. Many of the toxins are stubborn and are not easy to eliminate. It requires certain agents to pull them out. This is where the various detox agents come handy.
Our nature has provided us with various detoxifying agents in the form of green leaves, lemon juice, beets etc. Though the modus operandi of each item differs from one another, the ultimate result is good riddance to toxins.
Detox For Nicotine- The Best Way To Quit Smoking
Quitting smoking is a difficult task. The cravings for nicotine can make one go crazy. Though there are various kinds of smoking replacements and nicotine gums, natural detox of nicotine can help you more and better.
You can include super foods in the diet and drink detox drinks to remove the toxins. Having foods like broccoli, spinach, lemon etc in the diet can replenish the depleted nutrients in the body. It can also improve the immune system that is down by smoking.
You need to eat detox foods and drinks for about a week for best results. Joining in a detox program where you are ‘directed’ rather than ‘you directing yourself’ would work better. The detoxification process removes the nicotine from the body. This naturally helps with the de-addiction.
The Daily Detox Process- Simple And Doable
You do not wait to spare those special 3, 5, 7 or 10 days for the detox program. You can do the daily detox that might take longer but can also be a healthier habit. Here are a few ways of daily detox.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins
- Drink at least one glass of fresh lime juice in the day
- Lemon infused water makes the best daily detox agent. Drink only the lemon or other vegetable infused water throughout the day. The infused water is better able to pull out the heavy metals from the body. The vitamin C in the lemon strengthens the immune system.
- Drink a glass of fresh juice of carrot, beets or green leaves. These help in the blood purification and purification of the liver. The liver can accumulate plenty of toxins while trying to remove them. These special drinks help to remove those toxins from that organ and clean it.
- Avoid sugar completely and opt for honey, jaggery, brown sugar or other natural sweeteners.
- Eat at least 2 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables in a day. This helps provide vitamins and minerals as well as get the fiber to clean the gut.
- Alkalize the body: The body needs to stay in alkaline pH for best functioning. Toxins will not be able to accumulate and the pathogens cannot survive in a body that has an alkaline pH.
- Drinking a glass of warm water with lemon juice and honey on empty stomach helps balance the body pH. You can also drink a glass of water at room temperature, mixed with 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to get the same results.
- Fat loss help release the hiding toxins, stored in these fats.
- Exercises improve the blood circulation that helps in the speedy elimination of the toxins. It also helps eliminate the toxins on the skin through sweat.
- Drinking 2-3 liters of water for at least a week can remedy water retention problem in the body.
- Include Green tea in the diet. It can be detoxifying for the body as well as adds other benefits.
The Gut And Liver Are The Key Points For Detoxification
While you do detox, give special attention to the digestive system and the liver. The liver is the natural cleanser that can get dirty. Have the special foods that are good for liver cleansing and improving the liver functions for best results. Cleaning this organ comes first on the list.
Next on the list is the digestive system where the solid waste can accumulate on the walls of the intestine. Only the insoluble fiber can remove such waste. Having plenty of fiber-rich food items in the diet helps clean the gut completely.
Toxins Are Not The Only Culprit
We have a general idea of what is included in the category of toxins. When you do a detox, it is not just these ’toxins’ that are removed. Detox process removes anything and everything that is toxic to the body.
It can be the toxins itself, heavy metals, nicotine, or even the excess fat, sugar, salt, water and cholesterol in the body. Anything that can jeopardize the normal functioning of the body could be toxic and considered as a toxin. Your aim should be to remove all of these.
A proper and fully fledged detox program can do a lot better. It demands commitment from your side. The end result can be highly rewarding. The feel of freshness and energy bursting is something that you have to experience to know. I could feel a major difference after my 3-day detox last year. I look forward to repeating the same this year as well. Just need to find the right motivation to start it. Hope that you would also find your motivation and be able to find the new you, sooner.