Native Remedies For Acid Reflux
Gawwwdddd…my stomach feels weird and I can almost feel what I ate an hour ago is crawling back to my throat…Yikes!!! I swear many of you might have experienced this episode after eating any spicy food or any other oil dripping junks at some point of your life. This burning sensation is actually acid reflux i.e. the pushing of stomach acids right back to your throat giving you heartburn at times. Now you may deal with acid reflux without heartburn but not the other way around.
Here are a few native remedies to reduce acid reflux instantly.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: Do you occasionally suffer from acid reflux problems? Then take 2 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and mix with 250ml of water. Drink it on empty stomach first thing in the morning and you will notice the difference within a few days. You can even use this for getting instant relief when acid reflux attacks you impromptu.
- Baking soda: Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is often used for many household purposes. But they are also equally powerful for heartburn. Mix 1/2 tsp of baking soda with 8 ounces of cold water. Stir it well and gulp it down. Repeat this procedure for every 3 hours but just make sure you do not exceed 3 1/2 tsp in a day. Also do not continue the process after 3 days to avoid any side effects.
- Apples: Apples neutralize the effect of stomach acid thus inhibiting its reflux action. Simply munch on an apple whenever reflux hits or cut to slices and eat two hours before you sleep to get rid of any abdominal discomfort.
- Bananas: While bananas are famous for curing depression and can uplift anyone’s mood, they also work efficiently in curing the surge of acid in your throat. The antacids present in banana soothes the spiked up acids and balances the pH value. People who are dealing with acid reflux almost everyday can include banana in their daily diet to inhibit stomach issues.
- Ginger: A miraculous herb for many health issues, ginger is one of the best medicine for whole load of health issues. It is also considered one of the best remedy for getting rid of stomach related disorders which includes acid reflux as well. Best eaten raw (after meal to improve digestion and prevent occurrence of reflux as well), you can prepare ginger tea by simmering an inch of sliced ginger with 300 ml water and sipping it 20 minutes before your meal.
- Licorice Root: Take half teaspoon of powdered licorice root with 250 ml of water and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and sip the mix 20 minutes before your meals, thrice a week to alleviate the discomfort. Licorice root soothes the angry mucus membranes and soothes any inflammation in the body as well thus eliminating any spasms.
- Cumin seeds: This one is from my own personal experience. Be it any tummy related issues, cumin seeds are there to support and act as an influential antidote to heal any ulcers and calm the irritated nerves of the stomach. For those who are dealing with poor digestive system, these seeds boosts the digestion process and eliminates gas. I always prefer eating it raw but if you find it strong for you, just take 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds with 1/2 glass of warm water after your meals. Alternatively you can add cumin seeds to your recipes as well or add 1/2 tsp of cumin to 1 liter of water, simmer it for a 10 minutes and sip them every now and them to alleviating the condition.
Apart from these natural remedies make sure to alter your dietary lifestyle to a healthy one and work out your body. Keep yourself in proper weight and respect the body by having good foods that enhance your well-being in the years to come.
I am an aeronautical engineer by profession. Between my graduation and my first recruitment, I had a space to fill. The letters would come in months. In the meanwhile i did want to do something and my FIRST job was indeed as a content writer. A student of science trying her hands on art could be disastrous but it was a good one. I learned more than engineering and flying. Health, gadgets, food , travel and a whole lot of things came flooding to me in the form of words. Writing did happen and in a nice way.