Vitamin D is clearly one of the most important nutrients for the body. Without this vitamin, the body cannot absorb the calcium for the bones and teeth. The deficiency of this vitamin would devastate the bone structure and make the person fragile, even with the most healthy diet and lifestyle. Though our body makes this vitamin naturally, it requires exposure to the sunlight for a specific time period or amount.
Importance Of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is the agent that lets the body absorb calcium. It has other roles in the maintenance of the nervous system, immune system, heart health and preventing cancer. Though only the calcium link is the established one, the other roles are not easily ignored. The higher doses of this vitamin are offered as part of the treatment for many types of illnesses, that proves its involvement with so many parts of the body.
Vitamin D is the sunshine vitamin that the body makes in presence of sunlight. It is also available in the diet from fish oils, yogurt, orange juice, egg yolk, shrimp etc. It is soluble in fat and can prevent diseases like auto-immune diseases, multiple sclerosis, common cold, and flu, regulate mood swings, etc.
Benefits Of Vitamin D
- Brain nutrient: Vitamin D can affect the neurological system and maintain its health. It is one of the significant nutrients that can prevent the brain diseases like Alzheimer’s. Studies have proved that people with sufficient amount of this nutrient have had low chances of getting this disease.
- Auto-immunity: Vitamin D can modulate the immune system to prevent the auto-immune diseases where the body immunity attacks its own cells. Rheumatoid arthritis is one such example that has reduced chances of affecting if there is at least 400IU intake of vitamin D.
- Immune boost: The immune system strengthening is another of the vitamin D benefit. Having enough of this vitamin can prevent the common cold and flu, allergies, respiratory tract infections etc.
- Strong bones and teeth: Vitamin D provides more calcium and phosphorous for the bones and strengthens them. It reduces the chances of bone diseases and joint problems.
- Better muscles: Vitamin D strengthens the muscles and allows them to be healthy in their functions. Athletes and people who do more workouts need more vitamin D supply. They are likely to have a deficiency of this vitamin as they are used up faster.
- Heart diseases: Better calcium absorption can help maintain the heart health and reduce heart diseases.
- Diabetes: Vitamin D can possibly reduce the chances of Type 2 diabetes and its related complications. It can protect the eyes, heart, nerves, kidneys, and vision.
- Cancer: Though there is not enough evidence, it says that vitamin D can prevent the colon and breast cancers. It can prevent cancer by preventing the spread from one cell to another.
Signs Of Vitamin D Deficiency
Any reduction in this vitamin than that is necessary could be a deficiency. When the body does not get enough, it can act in various ways. There are several reasons for age, not getting enough sunlight, certain diseases, and skin color of the person that can lead to vitamin D deficiency. Here are a few signs that can help you.
- Frequently falling ill is a sign of poor immunity.
- Feeling tired most of the time
- Pain in the bones while moving
- Slow healing of wounds
- Hair loss
- Pain in the muscles
- Sweaty head
- Gastrointestinal disorders
These signs could also be due to other issues and not necessarily the vitamin D deficiency. If you have 2 or more of these problems, it is better to get a medical checkup.
Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 Ingredients
Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 contains Safflower oil, glycerin, gelatin and purified water. It is made into soft gel forms. It contains 2 % cholecalciferol that provides 5000IU of vitamin D3, which is approximately 125 mcg per soft gel.
Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 Dosage
Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 softgels are to be used only by the adults. The maximum and recommended dosage is 1 softgel per day. It is highly imperative that you stick to the recommended dosage.
A single bottle of Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 5000IU contains 150 softgels. It will last for about 4 months. This is one of the most economical supplements for the vitamin D3.
Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 Side Effects
DO NOT exceed this limit. Taking more than 1 soft gel would lead to overdose. The overdose of vitamin D can cause digestive disorders, increased thirst or urination, weight loss, confused mind, heart problems, kidney damage or even pancreatic cancer.
The possibility of drug interaction cannot be ruled out. Talk to the doctor before you start on this supplement, especially if you are already on any kind of medication.
Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 5000IU Reviews
The small size and single dosage are the most attractive features of Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3. The various reviews show that it is highly effective and has caused no side effects whatsoever. These soft gels are easy to swallow and offer a fair amount of dosage of the vitamin.
Vitamin D is something that the body can store for future use. It is fat soluble and is stored in the adipose tissues. When there is less production, the body takes up this stored vitamin. During winter and when there is less sun exposure, the body has to use up the stored vitamin which can soon get over. Nature’s Wonder Vitamin D3 supplements can provide that deficit in the colder months and under those circumstances. These supplements can only counter the deficit. You still need to work on the natural ways of getting this vitamin- plenty of sunlight and lots of vitamin D rich food in the diet.