Age-related Macular Degeneration is a problem of the eye that could lead to blindness. Though it is an age-related problem we could delay or slow down the process to have longer health for the eyes with certain key nutrients. As much as we try to include such beneficial nutrients in the diet, some people would still need the extra dose from the supplements. These eye vitamins happen to be in this category.
They help in preventing the degeneration of the macula or the part of the retina that is responsible for vision.
PreserVision AREDS 2 ingredients, Benefits & Uses
PreserVision AREDS 2 Ingredients
- Vitamin C has the antioxidant power that protects the retinal cells. It can get concentrated in the eye tissues and improves the blood vessel health. This lowers the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
- Vitamin E is one of the powerful antioxidants in nature. For the eyes, it is protective against the free radicals. More often it is the free radicals that cause the damage to the retinal cells. Studies show that an intake of 400IU of vitamin E has significant importance in dealing with AREDS. The PreserVision AREDS 2 contains 400IU of this antioxidant for each day.
- Zinc is actually the helper molecule that brings vitamin A to the liver to form the melanin for eyes. Zinc is also responsible for the communication between retinal cells that control the flow of ions. Zinc is also essential for the working of the retinal epithelium, the protective layer of the eye.
- Lutein is an antioxidant which is also known as the eye vitamin. It promotes the formation of macular pigments that form a protective barrier against macular degeneration. The antioxidant property of this nutrient prevents the degeneration due to free radicals. It is also found that this antioxidant can filter the short wavelength UV light and prevent the formation of free radicals in the retina.
- Zeaxanthin is also an antioxidant that has similar working like lutein. In fact, lutein and zeaxanthin make a team that protects the eyes and prevent the degeneration to up to 45% lesser.
It contains the various antioxidants that have specific benefits in protecting the eye tissues from degeneration. It can be protective against all kinds of free radicals and reduce the formation of free radicals as well.
These antioxidants can slow down the process of degeneration and prolong healthy vision for the elders.
PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement Dosage & Drug interaction Symptoms
The recommended dosage of PreserVision AREDS 2 is 2 capsules per day. The supplement is in the soft gel form that is easy to swallow. Take the soft gel with water during the meal time.
PreserVision AREDS 2 is devoid of beta-carotene so it is safe for smokers as well as ex-smokers. There are no other drug interactions for the PreserVision AREDS 2 supplement.
PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement Risks, Side effects & Adverse Reactions
PreserVision AREDS 2 vitamin and mineral supplement contains the right amount of the nutrients needed for the eyes. It is within the safe range and causes no side effects.
The caution that you need to remember is not to take the capsules with milk or closer with antacids or anything that contains calcium.
There are not many reports of having any side effects of taking the PreserVision AREDS 2. But overdose could have its effects on the body. The few side effects it caused are dizziness, loss of strength, weakness, nausea, upset stomach etc.
PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement reviews & Complaints
The PreserVision AREDS 2 reviews show that it has been a gift for the eyes. People have seen a vast improvement in their eye health after taking this supplement. It works quicker and shows better results than the painful injections. Users say that this is a great investment for the health and lighter on the purse as well.
Owing to the improvement it provides, many ophthalmologists are also recommending this to their patients.
As for the complaints, there are a few users who could not continue with the 2 soft gels a day dosage as they had difficulty with zinc. While the majority users have had no problems or side effects with the gels, a few have had dizzy spell, nausea, weakness etc.
The other issue is the number of soft gels in the container and the hardness of the gels.
PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement Testimonials
- Suzy- “This is excellent for a smoker or ex-smoker with macular degeneration. I am on it for the last 2 years and have helped me with my vision. The only negative is that the soft gels look like candy. So keep it away from children.”
- Jay- “PreserVision AREDS 2 is doing a favor to my eyes. My eyes have improved ever since I started with these supplements.”
- Anonymous-“ PreserVision AREDS 2 is not a cheap supplement but it is worth every penny spent on it. It helped me stop the watering of my eyes with just 120pills. It really did work for me.”
- Holly- “My doctor recommended it for me. With the family history, my son is also taking it to avoid any problems. I do get nauseous with the pills if not taken with the meals. Yet, it is better than others and easily manageable.”
- Bruce- “My ophthalmologist recommended it. It seems stronger and helped me manage the macular degeneration it has slowed down noticeably.”
Where to Buy PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement
You can buy the PreserVision AREDS 2 online from Bausch, the manufacturer. It is available in various countries. You can also get the PreserVision AREDS 2 in Amazon. It is available in 2 packs from Amazon. It is also available at other online stores like Walgreens, eBay etc.
You can get the PreserVision AREDS 2 in WalMart as well. You can easily order it at the online store.
PreserVision AREDS 2 in Costco: The PreserVision AREDS 2 is available from the Costco wholesale both in the stores as well as online.
It is also available at the CVS pharmacy. You can get it from their stores or log in to the CVS online pharmacy.
PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement, Soft Gels 120 price
The PreserVision AREDS 2 price is
- $30.97 for a pack of 120 soft gels which is available for $25.99 from Amazon
- $75.99 for a pack of 210 soft gels
- $149.99 for a pack of 2 containers with 210 soft gels each
Are PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement soft gels safe for smokers?
PreserVision AREDS 2 contains no beta-carotene that makes it safe for smokers as well as for those who quit smoking. Smoking and beta-carotene could lead to lung cancer. Since smoking is one of the reasons for the macular degeneration taking this supplement for them would only benefit and no harm would be done
Is PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement FDA Approved
PreserVision AREDS 2 is only a vitamin supplement that is not regulated by the FDA.
Does PreserVision AREDS 2 Vitamin & Mineral Supplement work for reversing the macular degeneration?
PreserVision AREDS 2 helps prevent and reduce the pace of the macular degeneration. Gradually it can protect the retinal epithelium and strengthen the tissues to prevent further damage and better the vision.
Who should take PreserVision AREDS 2 supplement?
People who are diagnosed with the age-related macular degenerative disease should take 2 soft gels of PreserVision AREDS 2 per day. It is also beneficial for those who have a family history of this disease and are prone to it. For them, the PreserVision AREDS 2 can delay the onset and can protect the eyes and vision for a long time, as long as you take the supplement.
PreserVision AREDS 2 Discount, coupon codes, and Promos
You can get the PreserVision Eye Vitamins Coupon to get discounts on the supplement. You may get a discount of $4 or more on the purchase. There also are PreserVision coupons from other websites that can get you discounts and a better deal for the supplement.
You can get the coupons from PreserVision itself, Rxpharmacycoupons.com, Bausch, Internetdrugcoupons.com, Hunt$freebies.com etc.
It supplies the vitamins that are beneficial for the eyes to preserve the vision and prevent macular degeneration. The daily diet also plays an important role as well as the exposure to the sunlight. People who have ARED should protect their eyes from the sun rays as the UV light can damage the vision. High blood pressure, high cholesterol also plays their roles in this disease. Being overweight or a woman are also risk factors for this disease. If you fall under any of these categories, you better have an eye checkup done and start the PreserVision AREDS 2 supplement at the earliest to avoid any further damage.