Cats and dogs intestinal tract is a very fascinating place where it can digest large pieces of food and render the pathogens and convert the food to the right nutrients and form so that it can be utilized by the body for its use. Most of this is performed in the right way due to the action of enzymes and the microbial flora that are present in the gut. The microbial flora which is commonly tagged as good bacteria also aid in digestion, absorption. They also support in the production of vitamin B and various enzymes that are essential for the digestion.
There are more than 100 trillion microorganisms that are present in their digestive tract. A huge amount you can imagine. This amount will contain about 400 different species of microorganisms. Now there are many diseases in the cats and dogs that can arise due to a drop in these beneficial bacteria’s. This can lead to a number of chronic degenerative diseases and a suppressed immune system in them.
Poor diet and other environmental factors can lead to many disease conditions damaging the beneficial bacteria. These beneficial bacteria also crowd among the harmful ones and spoil its capacity to cause disease. Some evidence also suggests that they have anti-inflammatory effects on the cells of your pet’s body.
What All Factors Will Lead To A Decline In The Good Bacteria?
- Age: Old age dogs have very less amount of beneficial bacteria in their intestine.
- Change in the ph of bowel: A change in the ph- either too acidic or too alkaline will result in the slower digestion and will also promote the growth of the harmful bacteria.
- NSAIDS: Certain NSAIDs can change the intestinal flora level down and promote the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Chlorine water: Drinking more of chlorine water will kill the beneficial bacteria
- Radiations: Radiations can also affect the inner environment. This will also prevent the growth of beneficial bacteria. This will also include radiation from Wi-Fi, cordless phones and even cell phones.
- Antibiotic herb: Goldenseal, when taken in sufficient quantities, will give a negative impact in your pet’s body.
- Antibiotic-loaded meats: Now a day’s most the meats and chicken are loaded antibiotics.
- Antibiotic medications: Antibiotic medications will destroy both bad and good bacteria in the body. This can even lead or end up in certain cancers too.
Ingredients Present In Probiotics
The main microorganisms that are present in the probiotics are
- Bacillus subtilis
- Bacillus coagulans
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Bifidobacterium thermophilum
- Bifidobacterium longum
- Lactobacillus fermentum
- Lactobacillus casei
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
- Enterococcus faecium
- Brewers dried yeast,
- Natural chicken flavor,
- Yeast extract,
- Canola oil,
- Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product,
- Dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product,
- Dried Lactobacillus fermentum fermentation product,
- Dried Bifidobacterium bifidum fermentation product,
- Sodium alginate,
- Calcium sulfate,
- Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product,
- Dried Bifidobacterium longum fermentation product,
- Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product,
- dried Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product,
- Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product,
- Dried skim milk,
- Dried Bacillus coagulans fermentation product,
- Propionic acid (a preservative),
- Mixed tocopherols (a preservative)
How Can Probiotics Help?
This product will contain a complete set of 286 million CFU Probiotic + FOS Prebiotic and brewers yeast and natural chicken flavor. This product is very safe for puppies and kittens. This is also recommended for sensitive pets and can also be used alongside prescription medications.
Probiotic is a natural dietary supplement that will provide your cats and dogs with both prebiotics and probiotitcs. This product is completely free of artificial flavors and contains no colors. This probiotic will contain the right blend of ingredients that will support the health of the digestive system.
DIRECTIONS TO USE PROBIOTICS: Put the probiotics for your pets in your flat surface with an open hand and hold it out for your pet to take it from your hand. If your pet weighs less than 20 pounds, you need to give only half a chew. You can also add this to their food so as to be easier.
STORAGE OF PROBIOTICS: Avoid storing this product in a direct sunlight. Store it in a cool and dry place preferably below a temperature of 70 degrees or below that.
Is This Probiotic Safe?
This probiotic product is safe as it does not contain any harmful steroids, chemicals. This product should not be taken by a pregnant or lactating cats or dogs without a veterinarian concern. It would be always safe to have a medical concern before introducing a new product to your pets.