Eucalyptus is diverse genus of trees and shrubs which belong to the family of Myrtaceae. They are native to Australia and are also seen across certain parts of the world. Eucalyptus is known for its health and medicinal benefits around the planet and the best loved trees by kola bears.
Let’s find out how we can make use of this useful natural flora in our daily lives. Read below to explore more about it
Skin Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
If you want to get rid of acne and pimples then eucalyptus oil can do wonders for you, all you have to do is mix one drop of eucalyptus oil with three drops and water. Apply this mixture on pimples and acne affected area using a cotton swab. Eucalyptus also helps in healing small wounds, sunburns and bug bites which otherwise takes a long time to heal. Eucalyptus is extensively used in aromatherapy around the world as it helps to rejuvenate the skin and make it softer. It is also known for its antiseptic properties which help to treat blisters and other skin problems like itching. If you have an athlete’s foot or any other fungal infections and desperate to get rid of those then you should be trying this one marvel oil which helps to cure them. Some experts also claim that eucalyptus oil helps to cure eczema to a large extent without any side effects. To treat fungal infections and eczema mix one tablespoon of eucalyptus oil with 10 tablespoon of water and apply over the affected areas using a clean cloth. Apply this twice or thrice daily.
Eucalyptus oil for hair
Eucalyptus oil is a great remedy for most of the hair problems. If you want healthy and strong hair then you should be using this oil which can help to stimulate hair follicles and scalp. It only helps in hair growth but also helps to maintain the glow and thickness of the hair. Applying oil an hour before taking bath using a good shampoo would give the same benefits as a conditioner would give. Doing so will also help to prevent dandruff formation and bad odor in our hair. Some people have a problem of head lice, which once hatches in the head spreads very quickly and is very difficult to be removed. Such situations can be controlled by using eucalyptus oil massages which kills the head lice and their eggs with the help of strong vapors. You can use this oil along with some regular shampoo and use it on your hair to get rid of lice’s and itchy scalp.
Eucalyptus oil as pest deterrent
Most of the people find it difficult to use chemical pesticides in garden areas near living spaces as it may cause harmful effects on people and pets around. This problem is easily solved by using Eucalyptus oil as a pest repellant. All you have to do is mix half tablespoon of this oil with water in a bottle and shake thoroughly to let it blend well. Then spray it along the garden for better results every three days to get rid of ants, gnats and other insects. The strong aroma from this oil will ward of the pests without harming nature and people around.
Health benefits of Eucalyptus oil
Eucalyptus oil has been used as an effective remedy for almost all health issues traditionally. In the present we run behind medicines which are purely chemical based and accompanies lots of side effects. Eucalyptus helps to solve most of the problems in a natural way without any problems and health concerns.
Here is a list of health benefits which you can get by using eucalyptus:
- Mouth wash – if you have bad breath or any other mouth problems then using this oil as a mouth wash will help to a great extent. This oil is very effective in killing staphylococcus bacteria which is the main reason behind bad odor.
- Respiratory problems – if you have problems like asthma, bronchitis or congestion in your chest or throat then inhaling this oil will help to provide instant relief. The strong vapors are very effective to get relief from such conditions and also help to clear out the nasal passage.
- Diabetes – eucalyptus oil is an effective vasodilator which helps to ease the constriction of blood vessels and helps in proper circulation of blood in the body. Diabetic patients usually have a problem with blood circulation, which is very dangerous, so massaging this oil topically over the skin will help to improve and relax blood vessels resulting in better flow.
- Fever and cough – Eucalyptus oil also helps to get rid of incessant cough and fever by reducing the body temperature. It is also called as fever oil which can bring in relief if massaged into the reflex points of feet, back and chest.
- Cooling effect – during hot summers, heat strokes are very common so applying this oil all over the body will help to get immediate cooling and lower’s the body temperature.
- Stomach issues – massaging this oil into the abdomen will help to fight against inflammation, diarrhea and dysentery. Make sure you apply this oil in a counter clockwise direction over the stomach for better results.
- Germs – our intestines are the breeding place for germs which increases over time so it is very important to control their growth. This oil is an effective vermifuge which helps to remove germs that damage the whole body especially, the colon and intestines.
- Inflammation in ears – massaging this oil around the outer ear will help to get relief from pain and inflammation but always make sure you don’t apply this oil directly into the ear hole.
- Strained muscles – lactic acid builds up in the muscles when it gets strained or fatigued so in order to remove that acid through the lymphatic system, massaging eucalyptus oil into the affected area will help to relax the muscles.
- Iris Inflammation – massaging this oil around the temples will help to provide relief and reduce inflammation from the iris. Do not apply this oil into the eyes.
- Immune system stimulator – according to a study, eucalyptus oil helps to strengthen the immune system by strengthening the cells that kills infections and produces their own innate protective mechanism.
So these were some of the health benefits which are provided by eucalyptus but research is ongoing in this area to come out with more uses of this great natural healer.
Is eucalyptus oil safe to be used?
- Generally this oil is considered to be safe but it is always to better to take certain precautions while using it. Taking this oil orally is not recommended unless otherwise a doctor suggests you to do so.
- Avoid using this oil for infants and children below the age of 6 years.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should not use this oil as it may harm the baby.
- Apart from these issues there are certain other side effects like nausea and vomiting which may occur very rarely.
- Too much usage of this oil may cause dizziness and suffocation, in that case it is always better to stop using it and rush to a medical expert.
Eucalyptus oil is very popular and is a part of most of the products available in the markets, like mouthwashes, ointments, toothpastes, soaps, expectorants and cosmetics. This oil is very useful and powerful remedy for most of the health problems as discussed above. When a natural healer like eucalyptus is available then make effective use of it to sort out your problems.
Food, Fashion, Shopping, and Music. It almost always fills my day and Life too. I shuttle between Malaysia and Kerala, India, every other month. I love to write casually. It’s almost always about gossips, food, and Fashion. Looking for the latest concealer, foundation, Toner or any other cosmetics, You know whom to ask. I have tried the best of cuisine Kerala and malaysia has to offer and am not shy to eat away with swag.