R-Lipoic acid by Pure Encapsulations is in the form of potassium- R-Lipoic acid, a salt of potassium for easy absorption by the body. The regular R-Lipoic acid is unstable and heat sensitive. It can polymerize extensively that decreases its absorbency.
By providing the potassium- R-Lipoic acid, the useful nutrient is absorbed effectively and can be used for improving the energy production and the functioning of the mitochondria, where the energy production happens. There also are other benefits of using this health supplement. Pure Encapsulations provides the same in an easily consumable form of capsules for daily dietary needs.
Ingredients & Dosage of R-Lipoic acid
- The main ingredient is R-lipoic acid in the form of potassium-R-lipoate and vitamin C as ascorbyl palmitate. The R-Lipoic acid is 100 mg and the vitamin is just 5 mg in each of the capsule.
The inactive ingredients are –
- Potassium carbonate,
- Plant fiber which is hypo-allergenic to fill in the capsule volume.
The recommended dosage is 1-2 capsules daily. The 2 capsules can be taken at a time or one each with two meals.
The benefits of R-Lipoic acid
- R-Lipoic acid can moderate the oxidative stress in the neurons and prevent their damage. It is also supportive to the age related cell damage in the liver. With this health supplement taken on daily basis, the liver damage can be prevented and make it healthier.
- The effects of R-Lipoic acid on the nerves is established by studies. It is found that this health supplement can support the memory and can prevent memory loss due to neuron damage. It protects the nerve cells from the free radicals. It will also prevent the brain damage and can delay the onset of memory related diseases.
- R-Lipoic acid is found to be capable of regulating the blood glucose levels. It can also promote the glucose metabolism in the skeletal muscles which helps reduce the blood glucose levels.
- The antioxidant support of this health supplement extends to the heart and other vital organs also. The antioxidant nature of this health supplement is supportive of the heart muscles to keep them safeguarded from the oxidative stress that is mostly associated with aging. It not only prevent the heart muscle damage, but can also reverse the damage happened.
- The R-Lipoic acid is the most acceptable and widely seen form of this compound inside the body. This form is produced naturally by the body and is also safe to metabolize.
- This health supplement can reduce the inflammation that is related to ageing.
- R-Lipoic acid prevents the mitochondrial damage and will keep up the energy production. In elderly people this energy production will help to keep them active and they can feel more energized despite their age.
- This health supplement can increase the insulin sensitivity and can reduce the insulin resistance. It can enhance the glucose transport to the cells to be used as energy sources.
- R-Lipoic acid can increase and maintain the other antioxidant level in the body. These antioxidants include coenzyme Q10, Vitamins C and E, along with the glutathione.
- R-Lipoic acid is also proven to have more life span than other forms of the same compound.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can R-Lipoic acid help with weight loss?
R-Lipoic acid can regulate the metabolic rate by increasing the energy production. It is also able to control the blood sugar level and prevent the accumulation of triglycerides. All three benefits will be helpful in weight loss and thus this health supplement may be considered as an aid in weight loss programs.
How does this health supplement protect the liver cells?
The R-Lipoic acid is soluble in both water and fat. This makes it easier to penetrate the cells that are fatty or not. This will help this health supplement to enter the fatty liver and help restore the liver cells that are damaged by the free radicals. Its ability to chelate the toxic metals will help with detoxification process and lift some pressure from the liver cells while they recuperate. Moreover, this health supplement can prevent the accumulation of triglycerides in the liver to prevent further fat deposition.
How does R-Lipoic acid fare against L-carnitine?
R-Lipoic acid and L-carnitine are known to restore the mitochondrial energy production. But the difference is that only the R-Lipoic acid can fight the free radicals that damages the mitochondrial cells and also help in the restoration of the energy production. Not only can the L-carnitine fight the free radicals but these free radicals will reduce the effects of L-carnitine. This health supplement can both fight the free radicals and destroy them.
How does R-Lipoic acid differ from alpha lipoic acid?
R-lipoic acid is no different from alpha lipoic acid. It is a derivative of alpha lipoic acid. This health supplement is the more stable form of ALA and is also found naturally in the body.
Are there any side effects for this health supplement?
R-Lipoic acid is not meant for pregnant women and they should not take it without consulting their doctors. In some people this health supplement may cause gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting. It is better to take the this health supplement capsules along with meals to avoid such side effects. In some rare cases this health supplement may cause some skin rashes in people with highly sensitive skin.
Does R-Lipoic acid have any drug interactions?
This health supplement may interfere with the diabetic medications. The effect of this health supplement in regulating the blood glucose, may cause a sudden drop in the blood glucose. It also has interactions with the thyroid medications as well.
Is R-Lipoic acid effective for gout?
This health supplement can act as a uric enzyme which the human body cannot synthesize. This enzyme is used to breakdown the uric acid crystals that cause the gout. The inflammation caused by these uric acid crystals can also be cured by this health supplement.
How effective is this health supplement for burning mouth syndrome?
The burning mouth syndrome is the burning sensation in the mouth without any visible inflammations. The same can be relieved by the R-Lipoic acid with its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. An improvement in the symptoms is also seen with using this health supplement in many patients who suffer from burning mouth syndrome.