Thorne Research MediClear-SGS is a formulation with potent antioxidants for the protection of liver. Detoxification is the cleansing process that can harm the liver in its second Phase.
MediClear-SGS contains the powerful antioxidants to fight the free radicals in this dangerous stage and make the cleansing process clean and smooth.
MediClear-SGS is ready to mix powder, available in different flavors. Take this formula with each meal to support the liver. Moreover, this dietary supplement has a bunch of other nutrients, co-factors, and extracts that can work on the detoxification process and enhance the overall ability of liver.
Liver Detoxification And Phase II
If you want to know what MediClear-SGS is and what its purpose, you need to know about the liver detoxification process. The liver detox happens in 2 stages. First, it needs to convert all the fat soluble toxins into water soluble ones for their easy removal. This change will make them available for the various enzymes to convert them into simple chemicals that are excreted.
MediClear-SGS contains several minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients along with herbal extracts and high amount of antioxidants to nourish and support the liver. MediClear-SGS is ready to mix powder, available in different flavors. Take this formula with each meal to support the liver.
The 2 stages of liver detoxification are the Phase I and Phase II. During the Phase I, the toxins are fragmented and in Phase II, these fragments are attached to certain amino acids that carry them out.
- In Phase I, the toxins undergo fragmentation process that can also release many free radicals. These free radicals when in large amount could cause liver damage. Dealing with them these free radicals would be in Phase II. This is where the antioxidants come into play. They can deal with the free radicals while the liver can concentrate on eliminating the toxins.
- The Phase II of the detoxification is highly important, as there can be loads of toxic substances on the loose. An inefficient Phase II could also be carcinogenic. An ample support like the MediClear-SGS can be a great help to improve the process and to prevent many diseases as well.
About Thorne Research MediClear-SGS Multivitamin formula – Liver Cleanse
MediClear-SGS contains several minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients along with herbal extracts and high amount of antioxidants to nourish and support the liver. This way, the liver can go on with the detoxification at a steady Phase with no issues. It is very important to have a steady Phase I and an equally competitive Phase II. MediClear-SGS can keep up this pace and prevent any untoward happenings.
Loaded with these various and some safe proteins, MediClear-SGS supplement removes the toxins and saves the liver and the body from any negativity that can be caused by the release of toxins.
One of the most important ingredients here is the sulforaphane glucosinolate, which is designated as SGS in the title.
- SGS is a liver enhancing ingredient that is taken from broccoli seeds and sprouts. It regulates the body’s detoxification process and also serves as an antioxidant. Each serving of MediClear provides the same amount of SGS as you would when you eat about 1.2 lbs of broccoli.
- Vitamins: The vitamins added here in MediClear-SGS are vitamin A, C, D, E, B6, B12, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate, biotin and pantothenic acid. Vitamins C and E are antioxidants that protect the cells from free radicals. The vitamins A and D are nourishing to the skin and protecting it from harmful UV rays. The vitamin B6 is supporting the liver in the detox process. Basically, all these vitamins come into play for the Phase I of the detoxification process and to make the toxins into water-soluble ones.
- Minerals are also mainly the part of the first Phase of detoxification. Having them in adequate amounts in the body makes the toxins easier to move on to the second Phase and get eliminated. The minerals available in MediCelar-SGS are calcium, magnesium, chromium, molybdenum, sodium, boron, vanadium, and potassium.
- Amino acids are the most important part of Phase II of detoxification. Without some essential amino acids, the detoxification is incomplete and could also lead to some serious problems. The important amino acids are glycine, glutamine, and lysine. There also are some medium chain triglycerides, quercetin, and taurine. These amino acids bind with the now available toxins to make a conjugated form that is later carried to the excretory system for elimination.
- Phytosomes: Phytosomes are magical active ingredients that can increase the absorption of its herbal extracts. These phytosomal forms of the extracts have better bioavailability than normal extracts. The herbal extracts used here are grape seed extract and Green tea extract. They are high in antioxidants that also are powerful. They can kill the free radicals and make the liver functioning safely. Curcumin is the third phytosome in this formula. Curcumin speeds up the Phase II of detoxification and also are antioxidant in dealing with the free radicals.
- Proteins: Powerful proteins like that from the soy and dairy are allergenic and not fit for all. Instead of these allergens, MediClear-SGS uses the proteins from rice and green peas. This allows sufficient amount of proteins and at the same time prevent any chances of an allergic reaction.
- MSM is an important addition for the cells to be more permeable and allowing the smooth passage of toxins and other compounds.
- There are N-acetyl-L-cystine, choline citrate, betaine anhydrous, glutathione etc to assist with this tough job.
MediClear-SGS is a dietary powder that can be mixed with cold water or other cold beverages. Take 2 scoops full of this powder to mix with water, fruits juices, or smoothies and take it 1-3 times a day. The scoop is provided in the bottle.
Mix 2 scoops of the powder in 10 ounces of water. It mixes readily and does not cause many lumps. This is best suitable for a controlled diet but not on a crash diet of 600 calories or below. It is available in chocolate and vanilla flavors and comes in a bottle of 40 oz.
This is meant for adults use, only for those above the age of 12 or more. Pregnant and nursing mothers should not use MediClear-SGS.
As for the duration, it should be continued for the 3 weeks of detoxification.
Thorne Research MediCelar-SGS Side Effects
Nobody has reported any side effects so far, so we have to assume that the product has got none. There could be side effects like headaches, dizziness, etc as part of the detoxification process, other than that none has been reported.
Thorne Research MediClear-SGS Reviews
The customer reviews are satisfactory and many prefer the chocolate flavor over vanilla. Not that the vanilla is not good, but the other one seems to have caught their interest.
- Karen says MediClear-SGS makes a creamy and tasty shake with the vanilla flavor.
- Ann says its worth the money spent. The product is highly expensive but worth every penny. It is also important to take the 3 doses per day for best results. Her only complaint is that each bottle lasts only for 10 servings, which is not acceptable. It should have at least been a one month’s supply.
- Stacy loves the vanilla flavored one as she can blend it with any fruits.
- There are people who didn’t like the taste of it and have reviewed it poor. Some say it tastes like chalk while some have the opinion that the powder is just plain crap. Surely, it is not everybody’s cup of tea.
Thorne Research MediClear Plus
MediClear Plus is a vegan protein powder made from rice and pea protein. This supplement supports liver and colon detoxification. This supplement is not allergic and is unsweetened and not flavored. MediClear Plus is available in powder form and can be mixed easily with water juice or other liquids.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that the MediClear-SGS does work when used properly and with a proper diet. The diet could be low calorie but a balanced one. The lack of side effects do have its point. With a good amount of protein, this can also be used as a meal replacement option.