Vertigo is a feeling of giddiness and feels like the surrounds or the person himself spinning or whirling when there is nothing.
This occurs due to the change in the equilibrium of the body. Things may worsen when the person who suffers keep moving the head, changes the positions frequently, turns while lying down along with nausea, vomiting, and rapid eye movements. The main cause behind this dizziness or lightheadedness can be many things. The inner ear infections or any disturbances in the vestibular liquid can cause dizziness.
Other common factors include –
- Low blood sugar level,
- Some head injuries
- Other heart problems.
Sometimes the main cause may be unidentified. Certain chemicals in some medications can also cause unnecessary vertigo. In such cases, those medications must be stopped immediately. Meniere’s disease can also cause vertigo and it may come with nausea, vomiting, the sensation of ringing in the ears and sometimes deafness also. Vertigo caused by any of these reasons usually disappears after taking proper medications or when the underlying cause is taken care of. But when it is persistent medical attention is necessary.
Vertigo & Causes
In cases like vertigo that is caused by medications, it may not be safe to take another medication. Homeopathy is the safest option for treating vertigo. Self-treatment is not advisable for vertigo, no matter if the real cause is known or not. The treatment is decided on the various symptoms the person suffering from. CT scan may also conduct to make sure the cause is no head or internal injuries. Blood tests are done to check the blood sugar levels. Homeopathic medicines do not have any side effects and there is no worry of having another problem along with the already suffering from vertigo. Homeopathy helps control the frequency and intensity, improves the immunity, and also targets the main cause of the condition. Since the disease is due to the disorder in the patient’s body improving the body immunity will be the best method to fight vertigo. There are many treatments for vertigo in homeopathy. Some of the commonly used homeopathic medications are as follows.
Homeopathic Cure For Vertigo
- If vertigo occurs when lying on bed and keeps turning there the best remedy will be Conium maculatum. The person is better when sitting or going out in the sun or with the head massage.
- Dizziness along with a headache is cured by Gelsemium. The person may also suffer from double vision and imbalance while walking.
- Cocculus is used in treating vertigo suffered while traveling on any vehicle or boat, or while eating or drinking. A headache along with nausea is felt when not lying down.
- Baryta carbonica if the dizziness is due to fluctuations in the cerebral circulation.
- Phosphorus is used when vertigo is suffered when rising from a position and even hearing any voice or echo can cause extreme discomfort and headache with burning pain and congestion.
- A Meniere’s patient is administered Natrum salicylicum, Cinchona officinalis or Bryonia alba depending on the reason being noise behind head, nauseated tinnitus or by sudden movements respectively.
- Silicea is opted for a sensation of falling down with a headache and also suffering from nervousness and extreme sweating from palm to sole.
- Arnica Montana is used when the person experiences vertigo after trauma and it usually works when given in the early stages of the treatment.
- If ear infections or any urinary disorders are the cause of vertigo then Causticum is used for treatment.
- Vertigo in elderly people is treated with Rhus tox.
- Shaking or trembling vertigo caused by the brain, eyes, ears diseases are treated with Argentum nitricum.
- Nuxvomica is the best for vertigo occurring in crowded areas, feeling drunk and may lose consciousness. The symptoms are worst in the morning in the open air.